Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Excuse me Fellow PF sufferers, This is a comment Not really About PF

Posted by salina on 3/09/00 at 00:00 (017090)

Thanks Kim, Fortunately we learned this the hard way. My ignorant husband went in on a come one come all basis in BOSNIA of all places because the doctors didn't have anything else to do. He had no briefing or anything before hand, I even saw the papers he had to sign before having the procedure done, just your basic 'if we kill you or mess you up for life, you still have no right to sue' papers.
And there was NO follow up at all. In fact, a couple of weeks after the onslaught of vasectomies, the doc was no where to be found. The post instructions were to just rest for three days with ice pack, and wait two months before you know... It was our fault for being so naive. It was an isolated case though because the second time around he had to have a briefing and was told so much more to make sure it takes. AND did the follow ups. I will surely pay much more attention if i end up having anything done to my feet.

Re: Excuse me Fellow PF sufferers, This is a comment Not really About PF

salina on 3/09/00 at 00:00 (017091)

Kim, and thanks, we weren't aware that we should go back for any further testing after the first six months.
So this information will come in handy. I will make sure he goes back one more time in a few months.

Kim B. on 3/10/00 at 00:00 (017101)

Hi Salina,

I hope I haven't embarrassed you or myself by talking so freely about what some will consider a delicated subject. I know I got off the PF path a bit with this thread and I apology to everyone (especially Scott) that may be bothered by it.

I really just wanted to point out that if it is so obvioulsly natural for the human body to try to heal it'self, like in the case of your husband's vasectomy reversing itself, then there is hope for all of us that our feet are probably working to heal themselves also! We just have to help them out more along the way because of their heavy load.

BTW, re:'the proceedure' our husbands had, I was told that if the vasectomy was going to reverse itself, it will probably do it within the first year, or not at all.

Regards, Kim B.

P.S. You truly are blessed to have 5 wonderful chilren. That 5th one will probably be the one who is best at pushing you around in your wheel chair when you are a little old lady in need. HeHe :-)

salina on 3/09/00 at 00:00 (017091)

Kim, and thanks, we weren't aware that we should go back for any further testing after the first six months.
So this information will come in handy. I will make sure he goes back one more time in a few months.

Kim B. on 3/10/00 at 00:00 (017101)

Hi Salina,

I hope I haven't embarrassed you or myself by talking so freely about what some will consider a delicated subject. I know I got off the PF path a bit with this thread and I apology to everyone (especially Scott) that may be bothered by it.

I really just wanted to point out that if it is so obvioulsly natural for the human body to try to heal it'self, like in the case of your husband's vasectomy reversing itself, then there is hope for all of us that our feet are probably working to heal themselves also! We just have to help them out more along the way because of their heavy load.

BTW, re:'the proceedure' our husbands had, I was told that if the vasectomy was going to reverse itself, it will probably do it within the first year, or not at all.

Regards, Kim B.

P.S. You truly are blessed to have 5 wonderful chilren. That 5th one will probably be the one who is best at pushing you around in your wheel chair when you are a little old lady in need. HeHe :-)