Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Laurie a few questions for you

Posted by Kim B. on 3/10/00 at 00:00 (017106)

I see an orthopedist, and plus I have an internist I work with a lot because of my constant problems with Fibromyualgia (FM). No, I haven't had an EMG test done. I guess that's the next step.

I fear you are correct. It seems like I have PF and TTS co-exhisting together. I tried to express the level of pain I am in to the docs, but you know, docs seem to assume that patients are exaggerating. Doc saw heel spurs on x-ray and blamed everything on them. End of story (for him, not me.)

Do you have both PF and TSS in both feet? What is an EMG test? Is it a nerve conduction study? I haven't had one of those either, but I have heard of it.

Thanks for you help.

Re: Laurie a few questions for youRE Kim B

Laurie R on 3/10/00 at 00:00 (017111)

Hi Kim,

This is the second post I am trying to send to you I just got done with first one and it wouldn't post and I lost it.Anyways first the TTS I am not a doctor but to me it sounds like you have all the symptoms of TTS.When you have your next appointment with your doctor maybe you can ask for a nerve conduction test EMG to rule out nerve damage.I had one done last month and the Neurologist diagnosed me with TTS.You asked if I have PF and TTS in both feet,I have PF in both but I only have TTS in my right foot.There is a big difference in the symptoms my TTs foot goes numb and it burns and I get thoes electrical shooting pains.My other foot the left only hurts sometimes not to bad and it never goes numb and it does not burn.

I have always been a difficult patient,I have had Endometriosis (severe)for 14 years now and so many doctors have given up on me I also have had 7 surgery's due to this.So when the PF started I didn't even want to go to any doctor because I thought they are going to think that I am making this up all the pain.I have a wonderful Podiatrist who has been treating me for 5 months now but it took me this long to feel comfortable with him and I told him I don't care for doctors because of everything I have been throw,but he has showed me that all doctors are not the same.This pod takes the time to explain everything to me and he also listen to me.I will always have these fears because of all the surgery I have had,my pod is a surgeon also as well as a MD and the last time I was in I asked him if surgery would help me and he said no that it could cause more harm than good with the TTS.

So we a re alot alike because we are difficult patients.Sorry I went on and on.If there is anything I can help you with PLEASE feel free to ask or if you want my e-mail address just let me know.Best to you and good luck Kim. Laurie R

Re: Laurie a few questions for youRE Kim B

Laurie R on 3/10/00 at 00:00 (017111)

Hi Kim,

This is the second post I am trying to send to you I just got done with first one and it wouldn't post and I lost it.Anyways first the TTS I am not a doctor but to me it sounds like you have all the symptoms of TTS.When you have your next appointment with your doctor maybe you can ask for a nerve conduction test EMG to rule out nerve damage.I had one done last month and the Neurologist diagnosed me with TTS.You asked if I have PF and TTS in both feet,I have PF in both but I only have TTS in my right foot.There is a big difference in the symptoms my TTs foot goes numb and it burns and I get thoes electrical shooting pains.My other foot the left only hurts sometimes not to bad and it never goes numb and it does not burn.

I have always been a difficult patient,I have had Endometriosis (severe)for 14 years now and so many doctors have given up on me I also have had 7 surgery's due to this.So when the PF started I didn't even want to go to any doctor because I thought they are going to think that I am making this up all the pain.I have a wonderful Podiatrist who has been treating me for 5 months now but it took me this long to feel comfortable with him and I told him I don't care for doctors because of everything I have been throw,but he has showed me that all doctors are not the same.This pod takes the time to explain everything to me and he also listen to me.I will always have these fears because of all the surgery I have had,my pod is a surgeon also as well as a MD and the last time I was in I asked him if surgery would help me and he said no that it could cause more harm than good with the TTS.

So we a re alot alike because we are difficult patients.Sorry I went on and on.If there is anything I can help you with PLEASE feel free to ask or if you want my e-mail address just let me know.Best to you and good luck Kim. Laurie R