Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Laurie R:

Posted by Kim B on 3/10/00 at 00:00 (017118)

Wow, I had severe endometriosis too. When you said you had seven surgeries, did you mean for the PF/TTS or the Endo? I had a hysterectomy last summer, that pretty much took care of that issue. We tried all the conservative treatements first, nothing worked. I just couldn't handle the Fibromyalgia, foot problems and endometriosis. Something had to give, and that was the one thing we knew we could elimnate. It was not an easy choice though. This is wierd, but my menstral pain was soooo sever, it radiated down my legs and hurt into my feet.

I know what you mean, some docs dread seeing me coming. They are at a loss for how one person can have so much going wrong at one time. I am considered 'unsatisfying to treat' 'cause I never get well. I no longer take it personal though. Very few docs got into that business for the right reason anyway. There are some special ones out there that are caring and compassionate, but a bunch of them are in it for the ego trip and money.

Ok, I've vented, thanks. Give me an e-jiggle sometime Laurie, my email address is (email removed)

Regards, Kim B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/12/00 at 00:00 (017172)

Did anyone watch on Friday nite 20/20. The program was about fibromyalgia and the relationship to a condition called Chia's Sydrome
(spelling_. Anyway it talked about have a surgery to widen the open to the base of the skull to relieve pressure on the spinal nerves. The results were astounding. The point was to have an mri of the upper cervical spine and base of the skull to see it you have a biomechanical narrowing of the openings of these nerves. After the surgery the patients who had terrible fibromyalgia. The patients including a medical doctor had their lives back. Well you may say surgery oh no. If you are in that severe pain and disability this is something to look into. Go see a neurologist.!!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 3/12/00 at 00:00 (017172)

Did anyone watch on Friday nite 20/20. The program was about fibromyalgia and the relationship to a condition called Chia's Sydrome
(spelling_. Anyway it talked about have a surgery to widen the open to the base of the skull to relieve pressure on the spinal nerves. The results were astounding. The point was to have an mri of the upper cervical spine and base of the skull to see it you have a biomechanical narrowing of the openings of these nerves. After the surgery the patients who had terrible fibromyalgia. The patients including a medical doctor had their lives back. Well you may say surgery oh no. If you are in that severe pain and disability this is something to look into. Go see a neurologist.!!!