Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

footwear advice

Posted by Kevin M on 3/11/00 at 00:00 (017143)

Can anybody help me with this. In a nutshell I've had pf for years. The way I have eased my pain is with custom orthotics and completely rigid soled boots. I went to Red Wing shoes and the guy there told me first of all that my boots were the wrong size which they are. I have size 8 EE to EEE feet. With high arches I have been wearing size 10 D boots. He told me that I needed to have flex from the ball of my feet forward. So I bought some boots that do this and have been wearing them just around the house. Well, my feet hurt. Do I give them more time? My experience has always been (for at least 5 years) that once the boot I'm wearing starts to flex then the pain begins. I think I want to buy some Vasque Alpine boots with rigid soles. Is this okay though? I do construction work and I'm on ladders all day. It is funny that this guy at the shoe store seemed to know
more than my Pedorthist or Podiatrist.
Any help from you guys would be appreciated.
Kevin M

Re: footwear advice

Kim B. on 3/11/00 at 00:00 (017151)

Hi Kevin,

Try on the 'Justin's' Chucca boots found at the western shoe stores. They're very comfortable. Boot wearers rave about them. I have a pair, my husband has a pair, and everywhere I go, people tell me they love their's too. I will admit that they need a little more arch support, but you can probably compesate with the right over-the-counter (otc) orthotic inserts.

Also check out Timberland boots, they may have something that would work out for your line of work.

As far as inserts go, I have had good lock with Sof Soles inserts which can be found at better men's stores and many athletic shoe stores.

Also, do a word search (featured above) on certian words like shoes, boots, inserts, sof soles, and stuff like that, you'll get lots of info while you wait for others to answer your post. Good luck. Feel better.

Kim B.

Re: footwear advice

Kim B. on 3/11/00 at 00:00 (017151)

Hi Kevin,

Try on the 'Justin's' Chucca boots found at the western shoe stores. They're very comfortable. Boot wearers rave about them. I have a pair, my husband has a pair, and everywhere I go, people tell me they love their's too. I will admit that they need a little more arch support, but you can probably compesate with the right over-the-counter (otc) orthotic inserts.

Also check out Timberland boots, they may have something that would work out for your line of work.

As far as inserts go, I have had good lock with Sof Soles inserts which can be found at better men's stores and many athletic shoe stores.

Also, do a word search (featured above) on certian words like shoes, boots, inserts, sof soles, and stuff like that, you'll get lots of info while you wait for others to answer your post. Good luck. Feel better.

Kim B.