Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Kevin... P.S.

Posted by Kim B. on 3/11/00 at 00:00 (017154)

BTW, it's great that your foot has been accurately measured, however, don't let the salesperson put you in a too tight of a fit. Use your gut feeling. Feet need a little bit of room for circulation and blood flow. Shoes too big can be a problem, and shoes to small or tight can be a problem. You have to decide what is the most comfortable for your 'dogs'.

Also, if there is a 'SAS' (San Antonio Shoes) shoe store near you, step in and try some of their's on. They will properly measure your feet too. (Check your yellow pages.) They're shoes are soooo comfy and have a very supportive sole. On many styles, the insole can be taken out to accomodate custom or otc inserts. I hightly recommend their walking shoe and I wear their new 'Comfy' newbuck sandles around the house like house slippers. They save my feet. Soft but supportive. They're a litte pricy, but worth it. This whole foot thing is costing most of us a small fortune. It seems that only the very, very, wealthy should have foot troubles.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: Kevin... P.S. more footwear info

Sinead on 3/12/00 at 00:00 (017163)

Hello Kevin and Kim, I've been thinking of adding my footwear opinions for a while now, my favorite shoe is mens, (womens available also)Reebok 'classic white nylon and suede sneaker, it's got great arch support, is soft, weightless, and cheap (about 22$) I buy 2 pairs at a time because they do stretch out. Also made by Reebok is a (mens) rubbery velcro sandal with good arch, soft heel pad, those raised 'nubs' all over, that feels great, I wear it at home all the time, with socks right now. I purchased a pair of Laura Normans foot reflexology shoes, way expensive, but great looking and feeling, if anyones interested I can put you in touch with the distributor near me. I need a good arch (high arch) support, padding, and flex to be comfortable, I'll reconsider Birkenstocks, but I've never liked the look, and they're so HARD, I need SOFT, any recommendations for me?

Marti C on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017184)

Hello,
I wore soft shoes including SAS for about one year. At first the soft felt good but then it made my PF worse. I started wearing the Birks (Arizona) about six months ago. I can actually stand up more than 20mins at a time now. I have even been able to shop for 2 or 3 hrs. with short breaks. I would never have believed, something as hard as the Birks would help my feet but they did. Altho, they are not for everyone, you may want to try them. Actually if you order from the german web-site they are not that expensive. You, need to be fitted in a store first, because they can hurt your feet if you are not properally fitted. Hope this helps.
Marti

Sinead on 3/12/00 at 00:00 (017163)

Hello Kevin and Kim, I've been thinking of adding my footwear opinions for a while now, my favorite shoe is mens, (womens available also)Reebok 'classic white nylon and suede sneaker, it's got great arch support, is soft, weightless, and cheap (about 22$) I buy 2 pairs at a time because they do stretch out. Also made by Reebok is a (mens) rubbery velcro sandal with good arch, soft heel pad, those raised 'nubs' all over, that feels great, I wear it at home all the time, with socks right now. I purchased a pair of Laura Normans foot reflexology shoes, way expensive, but great looking and feeling, if anyones interested I can put you in touch with the distributor near me. I need a good arch (high arch) support, padding, and flex to be comfortable, I'll reconsider Birkenstocks, but I've never liked the look, and they're so HARD, I need SOFT, any recommendations for me?

Marti C on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017184)

Hello,
I wore soft shoes including SAS for about one year. At first the soft felt good but then it made my PF worse. I started wearing the Birks (Arizona) about six months ago. I can actually stand up more than 20mins at a time now. I have even been able to shop for 2 or 3 hrs. with short breaks. I would never have believed, something as hard as the Birks would help my feet but they did. Altho, they are not for everyone, you may want to try them. Actually if you order from the german web-site they are not that expensive. You, need to be fitted in a store first, because they can hurt your feet if you are not properally fitted. Hope this helps.
Marti