Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

4 weeks post OIssaTron and doing better

Posted by Scott R on 3/12/00 at 00:00 (017170)

At 2 weeks I believe I said it was back to normal. For the most part, the pain from the OssaTron was one by the 3rd day, but still I was able to notice what appears to be 'bone' pain from where the shots hit the bone. The heel bone still feels a bit bruised but it doesn't hurt to walk on it and I only notice it when I press on it with a finger. Here at nearly 4 weeks, that bruised feeling is finally disappearing. I believe I'm finally noticing some actual improvement due to the OssaTron. I went without tape today, which is very rare. I'm considering going without tape tomorrow at work. I sometimes do this when things are improving to try to get off my dependency on tape wihich has lasted about 3 or 4 years. Usually, the inflammation comes back after only a day or 2 without tape and I have to go back to the tape. If I am able to get off the tape, I will have to conclude it is thanks to the OssaTron. I am optimistic that at the 12 week point (the point at which we were told we will see nearly maximum improvement if there is to be improvement) I will be completely free from taping and walking a mile per day in addition to the rest of my daily activities which has not been possible since Oct 1994. My improvement seems to be at the same speed as the others postin here and I am very pleased so far with the OssaTron apparently being very similar in its effects on people and their progression afterwards despite the dramatic differences in our symptoms. It is preliminary evidence (in my mind, anyway) that it is a reliable, consistent, and repeatable treatment.
posted to the eswt board

Re: 4 weeks post OIssaTron and doing better

VickiJ on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017215)

I am THRILLED to here of your progress!
I will be eager to see how you and the rest of 'the gang' feel a few months from now. I'm one of those 'show me' types...I need more long term results before I'll chose the treatment...but obviously it is 'so far, so good'

What, if anything, did the doctors advise you and others to do to address the causes of PF...to prevent relapses?
posted to the eswt board

Re: 4 weeks post OIssaTron and doing better

VickiJ on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017215)

I am THRILLED to here of your progress!
I will be eager to see how you and the rest of 'the gang' feel a few months from now. I'm one of those 'show me' types...I need more long term results before I'll chose the treatment...but obviously it is 'so far, so good'

What, if anything, did the doctors advise you and others to do to address the causes of PF...to prevent relapses?
posted to the eswt board