Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Elipitical suggestion

Posted by John C on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017186)

Hi Laurie,

I am a cured PF person. I had it for 16 months. During the bad times, I used an elipitical trainer and had some problems with my feet getting numb. My normal position which was standing straight without holding on or leaning forward caused me problems. I happened to notice that some people using the E-trainer would occasionally switch from forward peddling to backward peddling. I tried this and found that it seemed to give me feet a needed rest and would relieve the numbness. I found that switching to backward peddling about every 5 minutes for about 1 minute helped and endabled me to continue peddling for up to 45 minutes. If you decide to try the E-trainer, you might want to give this a try.

Good luck,

John

Susan S on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017204)

I would 'switch' while working out on the E as well but because it took the pressure off my knees. Sounds like an excellent suggestion! I'm gonna try it out!

Susan S on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017204)

I would 'switch' while working out on the E as well but because it took the pressure off my knees. Sounds like an excellent suggestion! I'm gonna try it out!