Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

WATCH OUT: tingling, numbness and exercise

Posted by alan k on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017187)

I believe that there is nothing in straight classic pf that should cause tingling or numbness while exercising. These sensations are due to nerve impingement, in my lay but educated view. Some current tarsal tunnel syndrome sufferers on this board believe that the tingling and numbness they felt during exercise, and failed to listen to, resulted in a bad case of tts later. On the other hand, in my personal experience and in that of some of the people in this message chain, it is possible that these symptoms can subside while pursuing exercise.

The point here is to Watch Out for tingling and numbness. The fact that I and other people don't necessarily get worse but can get better through exercise indicates that pf and tts can blend into eachother and that it is perfectly possible to have mild nerve impingement and get better through exercise. Other people on the message board with more severe nerve impingement are now pursuing foot exercise, yoga, and massage and it will be interesting to see what their results are.

I believe that mild tts may accompany more cases of chronic pf than is recognized. I find the post by john c above very encouraging for thse of us who have this accompanying condition. But do be careful with numbness and tingling. My exercise regimen DID NOT include working through the tingling. I always eased off, and found that by my showing good faith the tingling agreed to ease off too.

alan k

Re: WATCH OUT: tingling, numbness and exercise

Sherman on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017468)

I would agree with you.

Re: WATCH OUT: tingling, numbness and exercise

Sherman on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017468)

I would agree with you.