Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

glowing charcoal briquette in my right heel..

Posted by sinead on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017189)

Can anyone explain to me why rubbing, massaging the painful place in my heel is good? it seems to me that pain and inflammation cause this pain and rubbing it would be aggravating.. I am having lots of pain-free time since seeing a chiropractor who is stretching, popping me, adding some nutrients, changing my diet etc. But when it's back, yikes, I'm really hurting.. off to hot soak/ ice and stretch.... thanks!

Re: glowing charcoal briquette in my right heel..

Rick R on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017190)

sinead,

I'm with you on that one. I think as a preventive measure once the pain and inflamation is gone massage is fine, particularly if threre is no actual bone spur. When I was in the charcoal briquette stages there was no way I was going to massage the bottom of the heels. I seemed to get some relief by massaging at the sides of the heel. If there is an actual bone spur I'm not sure how it can be good to rake the poor scared up tendon back and forth accross the jagged spur. How is the chiro 'popping you' and what is he doing diet and nutrient wise? I'm glad you are have some pain free time, something is going right. Does your current treatment involve any direct massage on the hot spot? Good luck,

Rick

Re: glowing charcoal briquette in my right heel..

Rick R on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017190)

sinead,

I'm with you on that one. I think as a preventive measure once the pain and inflamation is gone massage is fine, particularly if threre is no actual bone spur. When I was in the charcoal briquette stages there was no way I was going to massage the bottom of the heels. I seemed to get some relief by massaging at the sides of the heel. If there is an actual bone spur I'm not sure how it can be good to rake the poor scared up tendon back and forth accross the jagged spur. How is the chiro 'popping you' and what is he doing diet and nutrient wise? I'm glad you are have some pain free time, something is going right. Does your current treatment involve any direct massage on the hot spot? Good luck,

Rick