Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Pain - can the Ossatron help?

Posted by Paul Maynor on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017223)

I've had heel pain for over ten years in both heels. MRI's and X-Rays show no sign of Plantar Fasciitis. I've tried everything to no avail. A few months ago I visited a physical therapist who was actually able to feel a small bump or lump deep in each heel next to the heel bone. He thought they could either be calcium deposits or scar tissue. I was very disappointed that of the half dozen or so doctors (orthopaedic surgeons and podiatrists) in the past ten years, none had discovered these. When the therapist worked on these lumps with his thumbs, I could quite definitely feel him moving over them and rolling them on the bone...so I know they're real.

My question is: can the Ossatron be the answer for me? Can anyone tell me what they think?

thanks

paul
posted to the eswt board

Re: Heel Pain - can the Ossatron help?

Scott R on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017228)

Deep massage to break it up followed by ice and maybe ESWT might help a lot. Or make it worse.
posted to the eswt board

Rob on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017249)

Hello Paul. Before you have your mind set on getting ESWT for your feet I would get a doctor's opinion of what your problem is. I know you said you have been to many doctors but without a proper diagnosis I don't think any medical professional would treat you without determining what is actually causing your pain. If your pain is not a result of PF and there is some other reason that is causing you pain then ESWT is not the answer for you. There are many conditions that can cause you pain and you really need to pinpoint what it is before you can determine what the best treatment would be. Good luck.
posted to the eswt board

Scott R on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017228)

Deep massage to break it up followed by ice and maybe ESWT might help a lot. Or make it worse.
posted to the eswt board

Rob on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017249)

Hello Paul. Before you have your mind set on getting ESWT for your feet I would get a doctor's opinion of what your problem is. I know you said you have been to many doctors but without a proper diagnosis I don't think any medical professional would treat you without determining what is actually causing your pain. If your pain is not a result of PF and there is some other reason that is causing you pain then ESWT is not the answer for you. There are many conditions that can cause you pain and you really need to pinpoint what it is before you can determine what the best treatment would be. Good luck.
posted to the eswt board