Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Yvonne this may not help much but here goes...

Posted by Kim B. on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017226)

Hi Yvonne,

I don't have any scientific information for you, maybe someone else can help with that aspect of your question. Here are my pratical thoughts on the subject.

My feet get hot when I wear certian athletic shoes. Can't remember the brands that bothered me 'cause I either took them back or got rid of them. It could be that I was allergic to the specific insoles that came with them. Could this be a possibility for you? Certian insoles that are made of too much nylon make my feet hot too. Nylon doesn't breath well, as we know. The sof soles inserts don't give me this problem. They seem to absorb the heat/sweat a little.

Lately my feet are cold a lot of the time, so I don't currently share this symptom with you. For me, it may be poor circulation due to flair ups of my other medical problems. I dunno. However, if I wear shoes and socks all day, then my feet do get a bit hot. Do you were shoes and socks constantly?

I recenly bought some great socks from the athletic shoe store, they are some sort of 'wicking' socks that are designed to keep your feet cooler and dryer. $8 a pair. Bought one pair just to try them out, and liked them so much, I bought two more pair next time I was there. Now, they are my favorite socks. Too damn expensive though, that's for sure.

Don't cut off the oxygen to your feet. I wear my laces kind of loose, I believe the feet need air and good blood circulation.

Around the house I were the NEW SAS 'Comfy' newbuck sandles. Complete air conditioning for the feet! Very comfortable!! On colder days, I put socks on with them. My feet get a lot of air. Do your's??

My husband, who has NO feet problems to speak of, says his feet are warm at night and therefore, he sleeps with his feet sticking out of the covers. So maybe a little warm is normal, or even healthy.

Try some foot soaks. I love the 'Johnson's Foot Soap' foot soaking product. (Orange, black and white box with four packets inside.) It has borax and some other stuff in it that really softens the feet. I use it with warm water, and it takes the pain away too, plus, when you're done with the soak, your feet really cool down nicely. Sometimes I rub lotion on my feet too, as part of my self massage effort.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. Hope something clicks for you.

Regards, Kim B.

YvonneC on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017274)

Thanks Kim. Yes I wear shoes and trouser socks most days, I ice morning/night and at night when I get home I change into my dansko clogs. I New Balance sneakers w/orthodics, but the funny thing is that my feet do not feel hot when I touch them. But if I put any sort of cream, it runs right off. Well thanks for your comments I will continue my search for answers on keeping my feet cool. Take care.

Sarah S on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017324)

I really sympathise with you ! I have been having these problems a lot lately, and have been getting quite neurotic about it. Its so nice toknow youre not alone!. Do you ever get like hot flashes in your foot or areas of it?

YvonneC on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017274)

Thanks Kim. Yes I wear shoes and trouser socks most days, I ice morning/night and at night when I get home I change into my dansko clogs. I New Balance sneakers w/orthodics, but the funny thing is that my feet do not feel hot when I touch them. But if I put any sort of cream, it runs right off. Well thanks for your comments I will continue my search for answers on keeping my feet cool. Take care.

Sarah S on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017324)

I really sympathise with you ! I have been having these problems a lot lately, and have been getting quite neurotic about it. Its so nice toknow youre not alone!. Do you ever get like hot flashes in your foot or areas of it?