Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Patty, Patty, Patty,

Posted by Kim B. on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017227)

Now girlfriend, you know that having PF means you can no longer be a slave to fashion. Sorry that's the way it goes. Comfy shoes beat pretty shoes.

SAS shoes have been a lifesaver for me cause they are well made, supportive and you can remove and replace the inserts if you desire. I use 'Sof Soles' (walk/run, red) inserts in mine.

Did you try what SAS calls their 'Walking shoe'? They're really not too ugly. I couldn't believe it, but the clerk gave me a free, no obligation, wear them anywhere, '14 day walk test', so that I could try them. She said this offer is only good on their walking shoe, and she had to make a note on the bottom of my reciept incase I chose to take them back. I didn't.

I bought some New Balance too. But, they started hurting my feet after a few months. I think their support system breaks down too easily. Anyway, I can tolerate them much better by putting the sof sole walk/run inserts in them. The thing is I keep reaching for the SASs now that I have them.

Birks are toooo hard for me too. At the SAS shoe store they have a NEW sandle that looks a little like a birk sandle (straps and buckles) but the footbed is totally different. Soft and supportive! The are great! When it's cold, I wear them around the house with socks on. I hope they will put them out in black suede soon. Right now I have the nubuck suede. Try them on. I wouldn't take them back if they were purple.

Be kind to your feet and Good luck!

Kim B.

PattyS on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017235)

I am going to go back to another store that I know carries SAS, birks, mephisto and really spend some time looking. Anything would be an improvement over what I was shown today. They make Birks look good! Of course, if I had a guarantee that in 6 weeks I would be back to normal I would bite the bullet and wear them. What is frustrating to me is that every shoe store promises a different answer to the problem, none of them cheap. Hopefully the pod will set me straight on Fri as to what will be the best for me. patty

PattyS on 3/13/00 at 00:00 (017235)

I am going to go back to another store that I know carries SAS, birks, mephisto and really spend some time looking. Anything would be an improvement over what I was shown today. They make Birks look good! Of course, if I had a guarantee that in 6 weeks I would be back to normal I would bite the bullet and wear them. What is frustrating to me is that every shoe store promises a different answer to the problem, none of them cheap. Hopefully the pod will set me straight on Fri as to what will be the best for me. patty