Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

?? for alan/pilates

Posted by Marti C on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017238)

alan,
Im going to purchase the pilates,I believe you had said at one time your tingling/numbness increased using this. I maybe wrong, but did it get better? Do they send anything with the type of excercises you should do or did you make up your own? I have tts with the pf. Any info would be helpful, thanks Marti

Re: ?? for alan/pilates

alan k on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017246)

I am in a hurry now and will answer more later.

a few things to note:

it comes with a video and chart-- everything is clear and easy

I overdid it at first, but now I can use it and an exercise bike but I take it easy, and no tingling now.

There are plenty of things to do with the pilates that don't involve the feet-- all non-weightbearing exercises for the rest of the body if that's what you are interested in

try egghead.com for low price on 'premier' which is performer but nicer.

I have been diagnosed with both pf and tts, and undiagnosed as well, several times over.

I don't see doctors anymore and only do foot exercises I developed and yoga and thai massage (press on any sore spots in the calf). This is the only thing that helps me, and may have made me able to do the exercise machines. Also, the workout on the machines feeds back into the feet.

I hope to have time to explain more the system my wife is developing for me to get better. She got better fairly fast, with no help from doctors. I hope to be completely better by summer.

alan k

alan k on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017289)

I forgot to say an important thing:

if you do have tts you should elevate after any workout, and probably also ice the tt region.

see note below too.

alan k

alan k on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017246)

I am in a hurry now and will answer more later.

a few things to note:

it comes with a video and chart-- everything is clear and easy

I overdid it at first, but now I can use it and an exercise bike but I take it easy, and no tingling now.

There are plenty of things to do with the pilates that don't involve the feet-- all non-weightbearing exercises for the rest of the body if that's what you are interested in

try egghead.com for low price on 'premier' which is performer but nicer.

I have been diagnosed with both pf and tts, and undiagnosed as well, several times over.

I don't see doctors anymore and only do foot exercises I developed and yoga and thai massage (press on any sore spots in the calf). This is the only thing that helps me, and may have made me able to do the exercise machines. Also, the workout on the machines feeds back into the feet.

I hope to have time to explain more the system my wife is developing for me to get better. She got better fairly fast, with no help from doctors. I hope to be completely better by summer.

alan k

alan k on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017289)

I forgot to say an important thing:

if you do have tts you should elevate after any workout, and probably also ice the tt region.

see note below too.

alan k