Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: I understand you feelings

Posted by pookie on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017257)

I am also 39, and recently diagnosed with this studid thing. I also wonder about fashion and understand what you are feeling because I am too.

Can you tell me what is SAS?

Pookie

PattyS on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017278)

Pookie,
I went shopping this am and tried on Birks (bought a pair)Mephisto (very comfortable also, but more $$) and Noat (did not fit me right, but attractive and looked like they would be good-they also had a removable insole to accomodate an orthotic. There were attractive options in all of these lines. I feel a lot better about it today. Have had the Birks on for a few hours and they still feel good. The store also had SAS, but I did not try them on as to me they looked like my mothers shoes and I was finding other options that were more attractive to me. Find a good shoe store, maybe you can get lucky and find one that has a wide range of the lines you see mentioned on the board so that you can try them out.

Pookie on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017309)

Hi Patty:

Cool! thank you for the info. SAS sounded exactly like how you described them to me. I don't understand why can't people make the same kind of SAS-type construction with a more 'easthetically pleasing' outer shell!

Yes, I'll go searching for the brands you mentioned T O D A Y!

What kind of treatment have you received so far? Would you opt for surgery?

Lucy

PattyS on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017322)

Lucy,
I have had PF for about 6 months (far less than the average sufferer on this board) so I probably have had far less treatment that most here. I see a pod who recommended the usual first treatment of stretching, icing, and over the counter orthotic (spenco for me). A month ago I saw him again with no real progress made he gave me a cortisone injection. I know they are controversial here, but it is the first thing that gave me real relief. That and two aleve 2x a day (2 weeks on, one week off). I just bought my first pair of Birks and am going back on Fri to get a custom ortho which I think the plan is to put them in walking shoes (NB 586 seems to be popular here).I am going to ask him what he thinks of the Personal Foot Trainer as it looks interesting to me and will probably order that. The Pilates trainer also looks interesting so will research that more. I know that I have seen it on QVC and they will take it back within 30 days so I probably will get it from them and pay a little more for that convenience. Pattty

Pookie on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017329)

Hi Patty:

Yeah, let me know if the foot trainer helps you, I have e-mailed the guy asking him to write me more about it. It seems rather inexpensive, and more a desire for him to help us.

Take care and pamper those feet.

Lucy

PattyS on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017278)

Pookie,
I went shopping this am and tried on Birks (bought a pair)Mephisto (very comfortable also, but more $$) and Noat (did not fit me right, but attractive and looked like they would be good-they also had a removable insole to accomodate an orthotic. There were attractive options in all of these lines. I feel a lot better about it today. Have had the Birks on for a few hours and they still feel good. The store also had SAS, but I did not try them on as to me they looked like my mothers shoes and I was finding other options that were more attractive to me. Find a good shoe store, maybe you can get lucky and find one that has a wide range of the lines you see mentioned on the board so that you can try them out.

Pookie on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017309)

Hi Patty:

Cool! thank you for the info. SAS sounded exactly like how you described them to me. I don't understand why can't people make the same kind of SAS-type construction with a more 'easthetically pleasing' outer shell!

Yes, I'll go searching for the brands you mentioned T O D A Y!

What kind of treatment have you received so far? Would you opt for surgery?

Lucy

PattyS on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017322)

Lucy,
I have had PF for about 6 months (far less than the average sufferer on this board) so I probably have had far less treatment that most here. I see a pod who recommended the usual first treatment of stretching, icing, and over the counter orthotic (spenco for me). A month ago I saw him again with no real progress made he gave me a cortisone injection. I know they are controversial here, but it is the first thing that gave me real relief. That and two aleve 2x a day (2 weeks on, one week off). I just bought my first pair of Birks and am going back on Fri to get a custom ortho which I think the plan is to put them in walking shoes (NB 586 seems to be popular here).I am going to ask him what he thinks of the Personal Foot Trainer as it looks interesting to me and will probably order that. The Pilates trainer also looks interesting so will research that more. I know that I have seen it on QVC and they will take it back within 30 days so I probably will get it from them and pay a little more for that convenience. Pattty

Pookie on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017329)

Hi Patty:

Yeah, let me know if the foot trainer helps you, I have e-mailed the guy asking him to write me more about it. It seems rather inexpensive, and more a desire for him to help us.

Take care and pamper those feet.

Lucy