Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

surgery?

Posted by caryne on 3/14/00 at 00:00 (017262)

I think I've exhausted all conservative treatments over the past 15 months. The medrol paks helped for the two weeks I was on them but I've crashed again being off for the past two weeks. Mri shows I have a fluid sac and inflammation (thankfully not a bone cyst which he originally thought). Has anyone had that problem go away without surgery. Pod. thinks he needs to go in and fix that and cut fascia. I've been in custom orthodics for a couple of months and still have heel pain.

Re: surgery?

Dan L. on 3/17/00 at 00:00 (017399)

Sounds just like me...4 years ago. I tried every treament (short of surgery) possible and only got worse. Now, 3 weeks after surgery, I'm FINALLY improving and see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't 'run toward the light' yet but will be soon.
Good Luck!
Dan in SC

Re: surgery?

Dan L. on 3/17/00 at 00:00 (017399)

Sounds just like me...4 years ago. I tried every treament (short of surgery) possible and only got worse. Now, 3 weeks after surgery, I'm FINALLY improving and see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't 'run toward the light' yet but will be soon.
Good Luck!
Dan in SC