Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis casting

Posted by Benton B on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017303)

I have been suffering from heel pain for over a year. I have recently been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis and opted for injections that helped for about a week. I am now in a cast for at least 4 weeks. I also suffer from psoriatic arthritis. Anyone out there with similar diagnosis or have tried the casting? What are your comments about the casting? Results?
Also, as a result of all this I applied and was granted, by MVA, a temporary handicap parking permit in the hope that I could obtain parking at he building for which I am employed. Otherwise I would have to walk about a mile from our designated parking lot. My problem has been with our building management staff who control the limited parking at the building site. My question here is, with the MVA permit and being under doctor's care, am I covered under the ADA where my employer MUST provide me with resonable parking accommodations?

I know this has been long winded, it's my first time out on a messgae board like this. I appreciate any advice and feedback.

Re: Plantar Fasciitis casting

Pookie on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017336)

You know, I think, by law, and with a Doctor's letter, your employer should provide you with proper accomodations regarding your condition. Now, it depends how understanding the employer is, so as to not ruffle their feathers, you know what I mean?

Try talking to your boss, and if he doesn't budge, why don't you kindkly ask him if he would like you to provide him with a Doctor's letter with his professional recommendations.

I used to work in an environment that became a bit hostile when I developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and had to be REAL careful how I posted my requests for accomodations, etc. It was rough and tough thought. I quit, went back to school and changed careers. Of course, now with PF, I'm almost back to the same situation! ugh!

Best of luck regarding you dealing with insensitive work-folks.

Pookie

Re: Plantar Fasciitis casting

Pookie on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017336)

You know, I think, by law, and with a Doctor's letter, your employer should provide you with proper accomodations regarding your condition. Now, it depends how understanding the employer is, so as to not ruffle their feathers, you know what I mean?

Try talking to your boss, and if he doesn't budge, why don't you kindkly ask him if he would like you to provide him with a Doctor's letter with his professional recommendations.

I used to work in an environment that became a bit hostile when I developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and had to be REAL careful how I posted my requests for accomodations, etc. It was rough and tough thought. I quit, went back to school and changed careers. Of course, now with PF, I'm almost back to the same situation! ugh!

Best of luck regarding you dealing with insensitive work-folks.

Pookie