Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: The Ugly SAS shoe debate lives on...

Posted by Kim B. on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017319)

Lucy-Poo,

Some SAS shoes can be found in other shoe stores according to some posts I've seen here. HOWEVER, for the best selection, service and proper sizing experts I highly recommend going to a REAL 'SAS shoe store'.

The SAS 'walking shoes' I have look almost like a regular tennis shoe, only without all the flairs, dips, dives, and bright neon colors that are on some of the other tennis and walking shoes these days. I find this to be a benefit cause they don't clash with everything I wear. They are trim, and low profile, ventalated and don't scream 'Hey you! Look at my feet!' Plus, they come in a variety of colors. (White beige, tan, brown, black.) They also come in a wide range of widths. I have a wide foot and this is helpful to me.

So my point is, if you find SAS shoes in a general shoe store or shoe department (I never have, btw) you are not getting the whole selection and or benefit of what the SAS shoe company is all about.

They do still have those nurses shoes btw, but many people just love those too. To each their own, right? I don't wear those but some day I might. They look cute on little old ladies and I plan to be one some day.

A PF Convention, now there's a thought! 'Tonight's activity will be foot soaking, followed by foot massage, See you there!'. I think you're on to something Lucy. What other activities would work for us? I guess anything sitting or lying down.

Nice you have you on board Lucy. Hang with us, we'll get through this mess!!

Regards, Kim B.

Pookie on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017327)

Hi Kim:

Well, how about a tip toe obsticle course raise and relay, LOL. Or better yet, a calf competition for the best PF stretch ! LOL.

Today, I went to my chiropractor and it helped a bit. I got the ultrasound and tense unit, muscle massage, bone cracking (my chiro crinches when I say this), and I'm trying a different orthodic insole. He does not believe I'm bad enough for a perpetual blizz with PF; but I will hold my breath for a while incase of the placebo effect from wishful thinking might be the contributor to my slight improvement. Part of my problem is that I have one leg 7 mm longer than the other, so the foot that has more pronation hurts lots less than the other. I also started taking Liga-Tend again; I took this when I had wrist surgery and it helped a lot; mountanier type injured athletes take it for their ligament/tendon tears and injuries (I think I may have mentioned this already).

That's interesting to find out that people with carpal and back problem also have foot problems; I guess we are gentically prone to messes with our hinges!

Before I spend the $1,000,000 with custom orthodics and the like, I'm going to give these much cheaper new orthodic insoles a try.

Yes, it is wonderful to have this message board to go to for support and meeting cool people like yourselves!

I will though, shop for SAS shoes or the Birks.

Lucy (Pookie)

john h on 3/16/00 at 00:00 (017346)

a PF convention!! imagine all the vendors we could get. we could even set up our own table of products that did not work such as thousands of pairs of orthotics,herbs,vitimins,needles,electrical devices,thumpers,wierd shoes,oils,various stretching devices,books,medicines,etc.

Pookie on 3/15/00 at 00:00 (017327)

Hi Kim:

Well, how about a tip toe obsticle course raise and relay, LOL. Or better yet, a calf competition for the best PF stretch ! LOL.

Today, I went to my chiropractor and it helped a bit. I got the ultrasound and tense unit, muscle massage, bone cracking (my chiro crinches when I say this), and I'm trying a different orthodic insole. He does not believe I'm bad enough for a perpetual blizz with PF; but I will hold my breath for a while incase of the placebo effect from wishful thinking might be the contributor to my slight improvement. Part of my problem is that I have one leg 7 mm longer than the other, so the foot that has more pronation hurts lots less than the other. I also started taking Liga-Tend again; I took this when I had wrist surgery and it helped a lot; mountanier type injured athletes take it for their ligament/tendon tears and injuries (I think I may have mentioned this already).

That's interesting to find out that people with carpal and back problem also have foot problems; I guess we are gentically prone to messes with our hinges!

Before I spend the $1,000,000 with custom orthodics and the like, I'm going to give these much cheaper new orthodic insoles a try.

Yes, it is wonderful to have this message board to go to for support and meeting cool people like yourselves!

I will though, shop for SAS shoes or the Birks.

Lucy (Pookie)

john h on 3/16/00 at 00:00 (017346)

a PF convention!! imagine all the vendors we could get. we could even set up our own table of products that did not work such as thousands of pairs of orthotics,herbs,vitimins,needles,electrical devices,thumpers,wierd shoes,oils,various stretching devices,books,medicines,etc.