Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: $500 for orthotics??

Posted by Kim B. on 3/16/00 at 00:00 (017342)

$500 for custom orthotics?? NOT unless they come with a 90 day 100%money back gaurantee. OUCH!! Literally. Think long and hard before you gamble that much money on a chance.

First try some OTC Sof Sole inserts($20), Comfy SAS shoes($80) and a Personal Foot Trainer (PFT) from Mike W. ($30). You can get all that for $130 and have as good a chance at getting relief. Maybe better! Plus you'll have $370 left over, which will cover a few chiropratic adjustments and you'll still have some left over for few professional foot massages. $500 for custom orthotics? Pleezzzeee!

Regards, Kim B.

Pookie on 3/16/00 at 00:00 (017362)

I know, I almost flipped when he gave me the cost list; this ofcourse, comes in a package, the gate test, cast, mold, insole, blah-blah-blah. I got some other thingies form the chiro, and they seem to be doing the job. I just wish they would have the mesatarsal support too; but I ain't complainin'. I was able to walk today, yeah! I'm icing as we e-speak, but 3 days ago I would be crying and icing, and I'm not crying today!

Monday, I go back to work, and bit nervous about it.

That's it, I have decided with everyone's advice that I will NOT get the expensive crap.

Hey, I was not able to find the foot exercise gagdet from Mike in the links. Do you have the web address by any chance?

Pookie

Pookie on 3/16/00 at 00:00 (017362)

I know, I almost flipped when he gave me the cost list; this ofcourse, comes in a package, the gate test, cast, mold, insole, blah-blah-blah. I got some other thingies form the chiro, and they seem to be doing the job. I just wish they would have the mesatarsal support too; but I ain't complainin'. I was able to walk today, yeah! I'm icing as we e-speak, but 3 days ago I would be crying and icing, and I'm not crying today!

Monday, I go back to work, and bit nervous about it.

That's it, I have decided with everyone's advice that I will NOT get the expensive crap.

Hey, I was not able to find the foot exercise gagdet from Mike in the links. Do you have the web address by any chance?

Pookie