Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Oh now, I meant Protein Power (LOL)

Posted by Pookie on 3/16/00 at 00:00 (017365)

It's called Protein Power, and it's a restricted carbo diet. I'm sorry about my blizz caused by aging cells!

You can get a copy at the bookstore, but there is a cool web site at http://www.proteinpower.com that also has a message board like this one. I like the diet a lot, cause I have a lot of energy when I'm on it, and when I have stuck to it I have lost weight. I like it better than the Atkins diet cause PP allows me to eat a bit of the carbos I like, (i.e. mandarines, apples). Like I mentioned, when I saw my friend get so slim, I thought I should try this. I gained 20 lbs. since teaching, and I feel the weight on my aching joints; I lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks, but teaching exhaustion sent me several times to Jack in the Box, Burger King, and the diet went out the window!

Good luck. I will warn you thought, that when you are first on the diet, you need to take potassium because of it's dieretic effect. You may also experience headaches for the first 3 to 8 days. The key is to eat sufficient salt, take 150 mgs of potassium a day with good comprehensive multi-vitamins, and fight the cravings (which go completely away after a week).

O.K., best of luck, I think you will love the diet, many people love it.