Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

predisone

Posted by john h on 3/17/00 at 00:00 (017391)

about 5 days ago i developed tendonitis in my wrist/ hand probably as a result of awkwardly gripping the bike handles on which i pedal for 45 minutes each day. the doctor suggested a 10 day course of predisone or celebrex. i would not normally take or never have taken a steriod pill but i opted in as wanted to see what effect it might have on my feet. after 4 days my tendonitis disappeared and both feet are about 50% better. I have 6 more days to go on this very strong medication and have had no side effects. How long this improvement will last is a mystery to me but at least i have a clue that 'inflamation' is most certainly a factor in my problem. Obviously i do not plan to stay on this drug due to possible side effects but it more or less halted my tendonitis, cut my foot pain in half, and helped my back.

Re: predisone

Rick R on 3/17/00 at 00:00 (017393)

John,

I think you have the right red caution flag for predisone. If you would like more info let me know. My brother in law has been on it for crohns disease. My wife has the skinny as she has become the family expert on this nasty stuff. I'll just have to warn her not to wear white shoes. I got my orthotics in the wrong shoes but I had my shoes on the wrong feet so all was well.

Rick

Re: predisone

Rick R on 3/17/00 at 00:00 (017393)

John,

I think you have the right red caution flag for predisone. If you would like more info let me know. My brother in law has been on it for crohns disease. My wife has the skinny as she has become the family expert on this nasty stuff. I'll just have to warn her not to wear white shoes. I got my orthotics in the wrong shoes but I had my shoes on the wrong feet so all was well.

Rick