Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

acupuncture and traditional healing

Posted by alan k on 3/17/00 at 00:00 (017415)

That's great news Wendy. I too was helped, but I had to go to two acptrts. , one the medical symptomatic type the other a traditional systematic type.

I have been able to replace acupuncturists with Thai pressure point message, which like your acupuncturist is both symptomatic and systematic in approach. I am already many years into Thai mediation and my wife, the message therapist (but her credentials are in allopathic health care-- low on the food chain though), is Thai and so we already believe in this stuff and have used it before. I am so glad all my doctors were no good now and that I didn't go to toronto because it forced me to fall back on what I know and trust. My wife never went to see any doctor and she is healed. This whole thing has chnaged my life for the better and I am really grateful to my pf, and my 'bad' luck with doctors.

I still recommend doctors, if they are good, but also want to urge everyone to recognize that there are many ways of healing and many ways to conceptualize the 'underlying cause' depending on the healing system you are working with.

I don't see any reason why one can't do both at the same time, puruse a doctor's care and also things like acupuncture.

It can really work.

alan k

Re: acupuncture easy but dicey results-- and some treatmen Ankel Brace ts I never heard of before.

Laurie R on 1/13/00 at 00:00 (014703)

Hi ,You know now that I think back to doctor # 2 he did give me a ankel brace because back than I was waiting for a appointment with my podiatrist and I was having pain in my ankel the doctor told me that the podiatrist might think that the ankel brace would not help pf but it will help with the ankel pain.I did wear it for a while then I got my cast.the cast works much better but the brace is good also .I did also see the same ankel brace in the store for about 14 or 19 dallors.I don't know the name of it but it is white and you strap these four straps around your foot and ankel.I hope that this can help you.Alan have you had a cast yet? Laurie R

Re: acupuncture easy but dicey results-- and some treatmen Ankel Brace ts I never heard of before.

alan k on 1/13/00 at 00:00 (014709)

Is that a brace with elastic only or with some support braces running along the side? You say it helped?

No, I haven't tried a cast yet, and would have to get a new podiatrist for that since the one I have now thinks that activity doesn't make any difference for the condition.

alan k

Laurie R on 1/13/00 at 00:00 (014710)

Hi alan, I have a problem with what your podiatrist said about activity because the more I do the more the pain so that's why my podiatrist said to put back on the cast ,although it is going to take time again for the cast to work .He told me when I was feeling better a few weeks ago to do activity slowly and I think I did to much of walking because I feel I am back to square one.Alan maybe you can ask the podiatrist again about how much you should be doing. How are you feeling? How is your pain level? Laurie R

Re: acupuncture easy but dicey results-- and some treatmen Ankel Brace ts I never heard of before. -- to Alan

Nancy S. on 1/13/00 at 00:00 (014715)

Alan, I'm trying to think of a reason why you should not find another podiatrist, and I can't come up with one.

Nancy

Laurie R on 1/13/00 at 00:00 (014703)

Hi ,You know now that I think back to doctor # 2 he did give me a ankel brace because back than I was waiting for a appointment with my podiatrist and I was having pain in my ankel the doctor told me that the podiatrist might think that the ankel brace would not help pf but it will help with the ankel pain.I did wear it for a while then I got my cast.the cast works much better but the brace is good also .I did also see the same ankel brace in the store for about 14 or 19 dallors.I don't know the name of it but it is white and you strap these four straps around your foot and ankel.I hope that this can help you.Alan have you had a cast yet? Laurie R

alan k on 1/13/00 at 00:00 (014709)

Is that a brace with elastic only or with some support braces running along the side? You say it helped?

No, I haven't tried a cast yet, and would have to get a new podiatrist for that since the one I have now thinks that activity doesn't make any difference for the condition.

alan k

Laurie R on 1/13/00 at 00:00 (014710)

Hi alan, I have a problem with what your podiatrist said about activity because the more I do the more the pain so that's why my podiatrist said to put back on the cast ,although it is going to take time again for the cast to work .He told me when I was feeling better a few weeks ago to do activity slowly and I think I did to much of walking because I feel I am back to square one.Alan maybe you can ask the podiatrist again about how much you should be doing. How are you feeling? How is your pain level? Laurie R

Re: acupuncture easy but dicey results-- and some treatmen Ankel Brace ts I never heard of before. -- to Alan

Nancy S. on 1/13/00 at 00:00 (014715)

Alan, I'm trying to think of a reason why you should not find another podiatrist, and I can't come up with one.

Nancy