Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Back to Pat...

Posted by wendyn on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017460)

My PT has spent an enormous amount of time looking at, poking, twisting, and pondering my feet. According to him, my feet are 'rigid flat feet' not 'flexible flat feet'. He said it has something to do with they way they move when I walk, and it reduces their ability to absorb shock. When he tries to manipulate my feet and see how far they turn/twist etc - my feet apparently just don't move very much.

Someone posted a link here recently that mentioned rigid flat feet. According to the link, rigid feet generally mean that there is some other 'disease process' going on, but it didn't say what. Maybe arthritis?

That's about all I can tell you.

Re: Back to Pat...

BJC on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017462)

A long time ago I went to a workshop as an Occupational Therapist for the hand. The instructor said I had the tightest hands she had ever seen! For me that was normal...but I have been able to improve the mobility of my fingers and joints, especially after I started sign language classes. I do not have any disease or disorder that I know about, and I have full function. So, rigid feet may be inconclusive, just a variation of the norm.

Re: Back to Pat...

BJC on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017462)

A long time ago I went to a workshop as an Occupational Therapist for the hand. The instructor said I had the tightest hands she had ever seen! For me that was normal...but I have been able to improve the mobility of my fingers and joints, especially after I started sign language classes. I do not have any disease or disorder that I know about, and I have full function. So, rigid feet may be inconclusive, just a variation of the norm.