Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I go the SAS, shoes, but not luck, will return them...

Posted by Pookie on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017477)

I tried them at the store, but it wasn't until I started walking around the house that I realize the orthodics are just not fitting well at all. This is frustrating because I am trying to find something comfortable and good for the aching feet.

When I walk, my heel almost completely slides out of the shoe, which did not quite do that at the store.

The mephisto sandals fit me the best, but at $120 a pair, that seems a bit stiff for me right now.

Well, will go back to the hunt again. Well, Sorry to the guys who love women on SAS, this gal won't be able to wear them.... LOL

Pookie

Re: I go the SAS, shoes, but not luck, will return them...

Kim B. on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017490)

Are you talkin about your own orthodics or the insoles/inserts that come with the SAS shoes? I replaced the insoles inserts that came with the shoes with a better otc brand called 'Sof Soles' which can be found at running shoe stores. The SAS insoles didn't have enough arch support for me either. BUT one of the big draws on the SAS shoes for me is that I can remove their insoles and put in something that agrees with my feet more, many shoes do not have removeable insoles.

Whatever the case, I'm glad you gave the SAS a try. Part of the shoe search mission is eliminating the ones that won't work for you. And mind what John H. said regarding not getting your insoles in the opposite shoe to which they belong! He is now our resident expert on getting the right insert in the right shoe.

BTW Pookie, do a search on 'shower shoes'. Many of us do much better if we don't go barefoot ever, not even in the shower. At first I thought naa, that wouldn't make a big difference, but I gotta tell ya, I am doing much better now that I wear my flip flops in the shower as part of my PF maintenance. Dern, I'm starting to feel like a Scott clone. My head is just filled with PF infomation! It's spilling out everywhere. I've very scared.

Regards, (Miss-Knows-so-much) Kim B.

Re: I go the SAS, shoes, but not luck, will return them...

Kim B. on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017490)

Are you talkin about your own orthodics or the insoles/inserts that come with the SAS shoes? I replaced the insoles inserts that came with the shoes with a better otc brand called 'Sof Soles' which can be found at running shoe stores. The SAS insoles didn't have enough arch support for me either. BUT one of the big draws on the SAS shoes for me is that I can remove their insoles and put in something that agrees with my feet more, many shoes do not have removeable insoles.

Whatever the case, I'm glad you gave the SAS a try. Part of the shoe search mission is eliminating the ones that won't work for you. And mind what John H. said regarding not getting your insoles in the opposite shoe to which they belong! He is now our resident expert on getting the right insert in the right shoe.

BTW Pookie, do a search on 'shower shoes'. Many of us do much better if we don't go barefoot ever, not even in the shower. At first I thought naa, that wouldn't make a big difference, but I gotta tell ya, I am doing much better now that I wear my flip flops in the shower as part of my PF maintenance. Dern, I'm starting to feel like a Scott clone. My head is just filled with PF infomation! It's spilling out everywhere. I've very scared.

Regards, (Miss-Knows-so-much) Kim B.