Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Back to Pat - I'm more confused than ever

Posted by wendyn on 3/18/00 at 00:00 (017504)

I dunno Pat....when I look at my feet there looks like there's a little arch. But, according to the PT I have a rigid flat foot - I think my arches 'fell' when I was 11. The more I learn about feet - the less I know.

Re: Back to Pat - I'm more confused than ever

Pat on 3/19/00 at 00:00 (017516)

Sorry if I confused you Wendyn! But if you see even slight arch
that flattens down when you apply weight that is simply a 'flexible' flat foot. Thats the most common type.

If your foot/arch stays in the same position on feet or off, (no flattening when you stand or walk) I guess
it's possible you have a rigid flat foot. But that's because it's
fixed itself (stiffened) in a permanant position probably because of severe overprontation. But that's not a *true* fixed or rigid flatfoot because you would see no arch. Anyway, maybe your PT will tell you i'm all washed up and full of it. Pat

Re: Back to Pat - I'm more confused than ever

Pat on 3/19/00 at 00:00 (017516)

Sorry if I confused you Wendyn! But if you see even slight arch
that flattens down when you apply weight that is simply a 'flexible' flat foot. Thats the most common type.

If your foot/arch stays in the same position on feet or off, (no flattening when you stand or walk) I guess
it's possible you have a rigid flat foot. But that's because it's
fixed itself (stiffened) in a permanant position probably because of severe overprontation. But that's not a *true* fixed or rigid flatfoot because you would see no arch. Anyway, maybe your PT will tell you i'm all washed up and full of it. Pat