Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shower shoes and question for Kim B.

Posted by alan k on 3/19/00 at 00:00 (017511)

For die hard Birkenstock fans (I am one) there are plastic flip flop birks, and superbirks which are rubber with a removable and dryable cork insole. I use super birks and they are great for my feet in the shower, only I get sick of removing the insoles and propping them against the wall to dry. It is amazing that something so little is so cumbersome to me. Perhaps the real footbed is worth it though.

Kim B: do you know the brand name of the wall mart plastic birk like things you have? I would be interested in switching even though it may mean admitting defeat with my expensive shower shoes.

alan k

Re: shower shoes and question for Kim B.

Kim B. on 3/19/00 at 00:00 (017525)

Hi Alan, see my post to Pookie above.

When I bought them, I didn't know they were going to be so great and I tossed the tags, not realizing that the name is not imprinted on the shoe anywere. Hopefully Walmart will put them out again. They were over in the shoe section with all the flip flops. This time I will buy a few pairs for back up. At that price we can really expect them to last forever. The straps could fail eventually I would think. I will post with the info as soon as I spot them again.

Regards, Kim B.

Re: shower shoes and question for Kim B.

Kim B. on 3/19/00 at 00:00 (017525)

Hi Alan, see my post to Pookie above.

When I bought them, I didn't know they were going to be so great and I tossed the tags, not realizing that the name is not imprinted on the shoe anywere. Hopefully Walmart will put them out again. They were over in the shoe section with all the flip flops. This time I will buy a few pairs for back up. At that price we can really expect them to last forever. The straps could fail eventually I would think. I will post with the info as soon as I spot them again.

Regards, Kim B.