Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Taping feet with masking tape

Posted by Pookie on 3/19/00 at 00:00 (017549)

Has anyone thought of using plain old masking tape instead of the very expensive sport tape or bizarre duck tape?

I tried the masking tape over my socks and it was pretty O.K. I also tried it by first putting long strips of masking tape on my jeans to dull the gluie stuff, and then applied it to the foot. I have not used it all day directly on my skin, so I don't know if the glue can actually peel my skin off regardless of its dullness.

Pookie

Rick R on 3/20/00 at 00:00 (017565)

Pookie,

I have tried masking tape and it just isn't strong enough. That's the primary benefit of the duct tape. I tape so hard for running that occasionally I break the 11mil duct tape. The other advantage of duct tape is that is doesn't relax and loosen as much as athletic tape or anything else that I have tried. Obviously some sort of gauze is a must. Keep experimenting!

Rick

Rick R on 3/20/00 at 00:00 (017565)

Pookie,

I have tried masking tape and it just isn't strong enough. That's the primary benefit of the duct tape. I tape so hard for running that occasionally I break the 11mil duct tape. The other advantage of duct tape is that is doesn't relax and loosen as much as athletic tape or anything else that I have tried. Obviously some sort of gauze is a must. Keep experimenting!

Rick