Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

what is your experience with chiropractors?

Posted by florina on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017618)

Yesterday I went to the chiropractor for my first session. He showed me the X-rays of my heels. I found out that my heels are out of allignment. Also he took an X-ray of my lower back and discovered that my lower back is out of allignment too. Therefore, I have to undergo 8 weeks of sessions to get back to normal. There I met a woman that has heel spurs for over 3 years and she is pain free due to the sessions that helped her. Have you ever tried the sessions, does it help,.... anyone? Let me know of your experiences with chiropractors.

Re: what is your experience with chiropractors?

VickiJ on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017619)

I have no experience...my basic philosophy runs counter to the idea of ONGOING realignment sessions...I'm more of a stretch, strengthen, massage believer.

Beth D. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017635)

Hi Florina,

I tried a chiropractor for two sessions. He took the x-rays, figured out how my weight was balanced and said I'd need 12 weeks or 3x/week adjustments before a re-evaluation. He had me lying practically upside down for a few minutes as part of my treatment. I found the whole thing rather 'quacky'. For one, my weight was fairly balanced. Also, he'd never worked on anyone before me for PF and/or tt (which was part of my initial diagnosis). My lower back was extremely painful following the two sessions. He said that this was due to my back getting back into alignment. It just didn't 'feel right' to me. I went with my gut and told him I couldn't come anymore. I still feel that was the right decision for me. I started researching chiropractic medicine on the web and found some really negative articles. I did find positives, too. I think that for some things a chiropractor is an appropriate person to see, but in my case I felt this was one option I would forgo.

Beth D.

VickiJ on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017619)

I have no experience...my basic philosophy runs counter to the idea of ONGOING realignment sessions...I'm more of a stretch, strengthen, massage believer.

Beth D. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017635)

Hi Florina,

I tried a chiropractor for two sessions. He took the x-rays, figured out how my weight was balanced and said I'd need 12 weeks or 3x/week adjustments before a re-evaluation. He had me lying practically upside down for a few minutes as part of my treatment. I found the whole thing rather 'quacky'. For one, my weight was fairly balanced. Also, he'd never worked on anyone before me for PF and/or tt (which was part of my initial diagnosis). My lower back was extremely painful following the two sessions. He said that this was due to my back getting back into alignment. It just didn't 'feel right' to me. I went with my gut and told him I couldn't come anymore. I still feel that was the right decision for me. I started researching chiropractic medicine on the web and found some really negative articles. I did find positives, too. I think that for some things a chiropractor is an appropriate person to see, but in my case I felt this was one option I would forgo.

Beth D.