Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

4 Weeks Post-Ossatron

Posted by GinaC on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017621)

After finishing celebrex and ultrasound, I've had some swelling in the heel area, as well as some non PF-pain in the heel/foot. So, all in all, a little more pain than I had during week 3, including some mild throbbing in my PF sore-spot when at rest. Hope this is 'normal.' (?) Best wishes and good healing to my fellow ossatroners!
posted to the eswt board

Re: 4 Weeks Post-Ossatron

Beth D. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017637)

Hi Gina,

Thanks for your post! I am avidly following you and the other seven who went to Toronto. It's been four weeks now-anybody else want to tell us (me) how you're feeling?

Keep posting,

Beth D.
posted to the eswt board

Nicole V.R. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017639)

I, too have noticed more slightly more pain this week, so I'm glad to see that this may be normal and I didn't injure the area. I haven't done anything different which would aggrevate the pain, anyhow. I agree with Scott also that this feels like bone pain. I feel soreness when I press on either side of my heel, and I believe I've read posts before which suggested this could be an indication of a bone fracture. I'm not worried about this however, since I'm able to walk about with only a slight limp.
I hope everyone recovers soon!
posted to the eswt board

Re: 4 Weeks Post-Ossatron, and to Scott

Nicole V.R. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017641)

I, too, am feeling slightly more pain this week than last. I didn't do anything unusual or injure it in any way that I know of, so I guess the pain will come and go as the area heals. I also agree with Scott that it feels like a bone pain. When I press on either side of my heel, it is sore, and I remember reading in past posts that this could be an indication of a bone fracture. I'm not worried about this however, since I'm walking and getting around fairly well.

Scott,
I had originally written a response and posted it to the board. I saw it on the board and clicked on it as I do all my own messages to change the color, and it vanished!!!! Weird, huh?

I hope everyone gets well soon!
posted to the eswt board

Matt L on 3/22/00 at 00:00 (017676)

I continue to be optimistic about my Ossatron treatment after 4 weeks. I can stand for longer periods without PF pain than before. My OssaTron heel/arch feels better than my plantar fasciotomy heel/arch. I am experimenting without orthodics am doing pretty well-before I couldn't go w/out because of PF pain in the heel/arch. However, they were causing problems for me in the forefoot/ big toe area.
If things continue to progress in the next 8 weeks as they have so far I will be completely satisfied. Even if things don't improve further and remain static I believe I can now forego surgery on the OssaTron foot.
posted to the eswt board

Karen K on 3/24/00 at 00:00 (017756)

Hi All,
I'm still having good days and bad days as I did previously to the OssaTron but definately not as bad. Now I am feeling tenderness pain when I use my thumb to push on the bottom of my heel(bone pain?). That's something I've didn't have pre OssaTron. Usually to get pain from the bottom of my heel I'd have to stand on it and then I'd have a bad ache type pain. My thumb pressing pain point was where the heel meets the arch and those spots feel slightly less painful now. But, I'm still a slave to my Birks! I try my custom orthotics and I end up feeling the tenderness of my heels right now. The Birks help tremendously with that but I'm nervous if I con't to wear my Birks during the heeling process, my heels will heal into the cone shape that is specific to the Birkenstock heel cups!
Happy Spring to everyone and happy healing!
Karen K
posted to the eswt board

Helen on 3/24/00 at 00:00 (017768)

Hi All. I am doing not too badly - long walks and although I can't say whether I am any better than I was before the treatment, I think I may be a bit better. Dr. Galea said that for two months I would have quite a bit of pain, so I am trying to be patient. I still can't really carry anything heavy so that is something I would like to see improve. Does anyone else find they get a flare up when they carry a heavy load such as a heavy basket of laundry or a full knap sack on your back? Enjoy the warm weather - Toronto is finally warming up and we are out for long walks.

Helen

posted to the eswt board

Helen on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017798)

One day after the last message I am having quite a bit of pain after doing a long walk. It seems I can't push myself any further than I could before the treatment. I am trying not to feel frustrated. Is anyone pushing themselves, or are people trying to be quite cautious?

Helen

posted to the eswt board

Beth D. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017637)

Hi Gina,

Thanks for your post! I am avidly following you and the other seven who went to Toronto. It's been four weeks now-anybody else want to tell us (me) how you're feeling?

Keep posting,

Beth D.
posted to the eswt board

Nicole V.R. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017639)

I, too have noticed more slightly more pain this week, so I'm glad to see that this may be normal and I didn't injure the area. I haven't done anything different which would aggrevate the pain, anyhow. I agree with Scott also that this feels like bone pain. I feel soreness when I press on either side of my heel, and I believe I've read posts before which suggested this could be an indication of a bone fracture. I'm not worried about this however, since I'm able to walk about with only a slight limp.
I hope everyone recovers soon!
posted to the eswt board

Re: 4 Weeks Post-Ossatron, and to Scott

Nicole V.R. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017641)

I, too, am feeling slightly more pain this week than last. I didn't do anything unusual or injure it in any way that I know of, so I guess the pain will come and go as the area heals. I also agree with Scott that it feels like a bone pain. When I press on either side of my heel, it is sore, and I remember reading in past posts that this could be an indication of a bone fracture. I'm not worried about this however, since I'm walking and getting around fairly well.

Scott,
I had originally written a response and posted it to the board. I saw it on the board and clicked on it as I do all my own messages to change the color, and it vanished!!!! Weird, huh?

I hope everyone gets well soon!
posted to the eswt board

Matt L on 3/22/00 at 00:00 (017676)

I continue to be optimistic about my Ossatron treatment after 4 weeks. I can stand for longer periods without PF pain than before. My OssaTron heel/arch feels better than my plantar fasciotomy heel/arch. I am experimenting without orthodics am doing pretty well-before I couldn't go w/out because of PF pain in the heel/arch. However, they were causing problems for me in the forefoot/ big toe area.
If things continue to progress in the next 8 weeks as they have so far I will be completely satisfied. Even if things don't improve further and remain static I believe I can now forego surgery on the OssaTron foot.
posted to the eswt board

Karen K on 3/24/00 at 00:00 (017756)

Hi All,
I'm still having good days and bad days as I did previously to the OssaTron but definately not as bad. Now I am feeling tenderness pain when I use my thumb to push on the bottom of my heel(bone pain?). That's something I've didn't have pre OssaTron. Usually to get pain from the bottom of my heel I'd have to stand on it and then I'd have a bad ache type pain. My thumb pressing pain point was where the heel meets the arch and those spots feel slightly less painful now. But, I'm still a slave to my Birks! I try my custom orthotics and I end up feeling the tenderness of my heels right now. The Birks help tremendously with that but I'm nervous if I con't to wear my Birks during the heeling process, my heels will heal into the cone shape that is specific to the Birkenstock heel cups!
Happy Spring to everyone and happy healing!
Karen K
posted to the eswt board

Helen on 3/24/00 at 00:00 (017768)

Hi All. I am doing not too badly - long walks and although I can't say whether I am any better than I was before the treatment, I think I may be a bit better. Dr. Galea said that for two months I would have quite a bit of pain, so I am trying to be patient. I still can't really carry anything heavy so that is something I would like to see improve. Does anyone else find they get a flare up when they carry a heavy load such as a heavy basket of laundry or a full knap sack on your back? Enjoy the warm weather - Toronto is finally warming up and we are out for long walks.

Helen

posted to the eswt board

Helen on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017798)

One day after the last message I am having quite a bit of pain after doing a long walk. It seems I can't push myself any further than I could before the treatment. I am trying not to feel frustrated. Is anyone pushing themselves, or are people trying to be quite cautious?

Helen

posted to the eswt board