Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It's contagious!

Posted by Nicole V.R. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017645)

Just thought some of you might be interested to know that my husband now suffers from foot pain, enough to do something about it. While his pain is generalized, not specifically heel pain, I thought it is interesting because I know Alan K. and his wife both suffer from heel pain also. My husband went for weight bearing X-rays today and refuses to have orthotics made since they worked so well for me. He has been asking me about Birkenstocks lately, though. I'll let everyone know what his diagnoses is when we find out.

Re: It's contagious!

alan k on 3/22/00 at 00:00 (017665)

My wife is much better now, note post above,

Your husband wouldn't have come down with something before he got this would he?

My wife and I got a flu-like thing and then the feet started aching (and then we moved house walking and carrying things in bad footwear). I have always found many things in common with everyone here except for this one thing-- the flu-like symptoms.

If anyone ever notices anything like this please tell me!

alan k

Nicole V.R. on 3/24/00 at 00:00 (017763)

Actually, Alan, my husband and I seem to have been passing colds/flu back and forth to each other all winter, so it's hard to say if his pain originated after a bout with something. I'm glad to hear your wife is feeling much better. Hopefully my husband will have the same results - it's no fun listening to a grown man whine!

alan k on 3/22/00 at 00:00 (017665)

My wife is much better now, note post above,

Your husband wouldn't have come down with something before he got this would he?

My wife and I got a flu-like thing and then the feet started aching (and then we moved house walking and carrying things in bad footwear). I have always found many things in common with everyone here except for this one thing-- the flu-like symptoms.

If anyone ever notices anything like this please tell me!

alan k

Nicole V.R. on 3/24/00 at 00:00 (017763)

Actually, Alan, my husband and I seem to have been passing colds/flu back and forth to each other all winter, so it's hard to say if his pain originated after a bout with something. I'm glad to hear your wife is feeling much better. Hopefully my husband will have the same results - it's no fun listening to a grown man whine!