Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Recent PF surgery

Posted by Barb T on 3/22/00 at 00:00 (017686)

Had PF complete release and spur removal surgery on Feb. 2, 2000. Took quite a while
for the incision to heal (for some reason). Seems totally healed now. Walking is getting
better. I do have a question for anyone who could help. I am still having pain (especially
upon first getting up) on the operated foot. After the intial first steps, pain subsides, but I
tire quickly. The symptoms after surgery seem to mimic the symptoms before surgery. Is
this normal?? May be having the left foot done in a few weeks. Email welcome

Re: Recent PF surgery

john h on 3/23/00 at 00:00 (017728)

would not do a 2nd surgery for at least 6-8 months to make sure your first one gives you the desired results. after my pf surgery when i got rid of the crutches my feet were pain free. probably from the rest. pain gradually came back as my activity increased. i am better than before surgery but cannot run which was my favorite activity.

El J on 3/23/00 at 00:00 (017743)

Robin, I totally recommend the 2nd surgery quickly. I had both of my feet repaired at the same time in July 99..because both of them were causing me extreme pain (one more than the other). Having one repaire (when both of them are hurt) and one not..causes a lot of stress on the foot that is healing from the surgery.

john h on 3/23/00 at 00:00 (017728)

would not do a 2nd surgery for at least 6-8 months to make sure your first one gives you the desired results. after my pf surgery when i got rid of the crutches my feet were pain free. probably from the rest. pain gradually came back as my activity increased. i am better than before surgery but cannot run which was my favorite activity.

El J on 3/23/00 at 00:00 (017743)

Robin, I totally recommend the 2nd surgery quickly. I had both of my feet repaired at the same time in July 99..because both of them were causing me extreme pain (one more than the other). Having one repaire (when both of them are hurt) and one not..causes a lot of stress on the foot that is healing from the surgery.