Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

have decided on sonorex

Posted by kathy on 3/22/00 at 00:00 (017689)

I've decided after much thought and research to go ahead with the sonorex procedure, The new Windsor clinic should be open in about one month so I'll be traveling to Canada for treatment. If anyone can tell me what to expect I would appreciate it. I've been recieving ultasound with cortisone cream treatments for the last six weeks and at first it seemed to help but not anymore the pain is as bad as it was before I went and the PT is confused by this, Has anyone had this experience? Thanks everyone, your messages have ment a lot to me.
Kathy
posted to the eswt board

Re: have decided on sonorex

Trish on 3/22/00 at 00:00 (017705)

I had the Sonorex treatments (3 treatments, 1 week apart) last month. I don't know yet if it's a success; hopefully it's just too early to tell. I was told it can take up to 6 weeks. I still have pain, but perhaps a little less in the Sonorex-treated foot (I have PF in both feet). I can tell you what to expect for the treatment, though. Each treatment took about 10-15 minutes. There are 4 or 5 different levels of intensity. There is no anasthetic or injection. The first treatment, for me, hurt like #@$%%&$%^, but the 2nd and 3rd treatments were not too bad at all. I'm not sure why that was.......the first and second time I was at level 1, the lowest level, and the third time I had level 2, and even a little level 3 at the end. Immediately following the treatments, I had no pain for about a day and a half. That was heaven!!!! (when I mentioned that to the technician, she said it could be because the pain receptors are flooded). Along with a good dose of optimism, I was feeling better than I had in a long time. At this point, I'm not too sure what's going to happen. I'll keep posting my progress. Best of luck to you! I hope it works for you!!
posted to the eswt board

Re: have decided on sonorex

Trish on 3/22/00 at 00:00 (017705)

I had the Sonorex treatments (3 treatments, 1 week apart) last month. I don't know yet if it's a success; hopefully it's just too early to tell. I was told it can take up to 6 weeks. I still have pain, but perhaps a little less in the Sonorex-treated foot (I have PF in both feet). I can tell you what to expect for the treatment, though. Each treatment took about 10-15 minutes. There are 4 or 5 different levels of intensity. There is no anasthetic or injection. The first treatment, for me, hurt like #@$%%&$%^, but the 2nd and 3rd treatments were not too bad at all. I'm not sure why that was.......the first and second time I was at level 1, the lowest level, and the third time I had level 2, and even a little level 3 at the end. Immediately following the treatments, I had no pain for about a day and a half. That was heaven!!!! (when I mentioned that to the technician, she said it could be because the pain receptors are flooded). Along with a good dose of optimism, I was feeling better than I had in a long time. At this point, I'm not too sure what's going to happen. I'll keep posting my progress. Best of luck to you! I hope it works for you!!
posted to the eswt board