Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My shoes have made all the difference.

Posted by linda h. on 3/22/00 at 00:00 (017692)

I haven't posted since December, but I do still read posts with great interest. I have four pair of shoes that I rotate. One pair of Dansko clogs, a pair of Haflinger wool felt clogs a pair of Ecco t-strap shoes and Nike Air's with powerstep inserts. I cannot imagine how I did without these shoes as just the change of shoes alone has lessened my pain from an '8' to a '3'. I recommend that a total change of shoes be tried for a month or two before trying any drastic measures. I have switched for just a workday (8 hours) to a pair of dressier shoes and suffered for days afterwards. It is in sticking with the shoes that has brought long term relief. Also, my boyfriend gives me a foot massage almost every night with a Vaseline Intensive Care foot Smoother lotion. I live in my Haflinger clogs because they can be worn as slippers and have a rubber sole for outdoors. The investment was over $400.00 but well worth it...