Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks for the site! Best I have seen!

Posted by Georgiana M Bishop on 3/22/00 at 00:00 (017698)

I have seen one podiatrist who wanted to operate in two
days. My family made me get another opinion. This fellow
had me do excercises againt the wall, have a prescription
orthotic made and sold me a nightsplint then he sent me for
cortione patch therapy. I got a rubber band. After this I
have seen an accupuncturist for six weeks, once a week. I
just bought a pr. of magnetic slippers.I Am one miserable
67 yr old woman, who is tired of resting ;for six wks.I
am afraid of surgery. Scott, what do you think?

Re: Thanks for the info Marti

Kim B. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017648)

Thanks Marti,

I wasn't wanting to return any, I was trying to help someone else get that answer and I ended up posting in the wrong spot so it stood out by itself. It's still good information though.

I had to go the SAS route for now, that's just how tender my feet were a few weeks ago. I plan to use them for a while at least and who knows, I may be a birks gal someday too. I'm healing now and that is the right direction for me. (btw, I replaced the SAS insole with a SofSoles Red Walk/Run replacement insole.)

This reminds me, 'IT' happened to me... just the other day... you know the one, you're flipping through sales brochure and spot some real ugly shoes and say to yourself, 'ohh, those look good...'

Regards, Kim B,

Re: Thanks for the site! Best I have seen!

Mary J. on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017778)

Georgiana, Welcome to the board. Keep reading everything and you may fing something you never thought of before. For instance, many people find shoes that help such as Birkenstocks. They are too hard for me, but they feel good at first. Many PF sufferers like them. My very favorite shoe is a cheap rubber (soft) thong with a mail order orthotic fastened to them with velcro. I am thinking of springing for a very good pair of New Balance walking shoes to put my custom orthotics in. Maybe they would feel a little bit better. Keep on reading, and let us hear from you.

Re: Thanks for the info Marti

Kim B. on 3/21/00 at 00:00 (017648)

Thanks Marti,

I wasn't wanting to return any, I was trying to help someone else get that answer and I ended up posting in the wrong spot so it stood out by itself. It's still good information though.

I had to go the SAS route for now, that's just how tender my feet were a few weeks ago. I plan to use them for a while at least and who knows, I may be a birks gal someday too. I'm healing now and that is the right direction for me. (btw, I replaced the SAS insole with a SofSoles Red Walk/Run replacement insole.)

This reminds me, 'IT' happened to me... just the other day... you know the one, you're flipping through sales brochure and spot some real ugly shoes and say to yourself, 'ohh, those look good...'

Regards, Kim B,

Re: Thanks for the site! Best I have seen!

Mary J. on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017778)

Georgiana, Welcome to the board. Keep reading everything and you may fing something you never thought of before. For instance, many people find shoes that help such as Birkenstocks. They are too hard for me, but they feel good at first. Many PF sufferers like them. My very favorite shoe is a cheap rubber (soft) thong with a mail order orthotic fastened to them with velcro. I am thinking of springing for a very good pair of New Balance walking shoes to put my custom orthotics in. Maybe they would feel a little bit better. Keep on reading, and let us hear from you.