Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

this is agony!!

Posted by andrea n. on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017794)

I have had PF now (that I've been aware of ) for about 6 weeks.I am just now experimenting with different inserts and excercises to no avail.My doctor said they were a result of years of gymnastics and dancing, and I also help coach and teach gymnastics now, which makes it very hard.Perhaps the worst is my job. I wait tables at a four star restaraunt, and I just love working there.As it is, I only work 2 nights a week, but it is becoming excruciating.I am graduating from college this summer, so I keep thinking I can stand it for a few more months, but I don't know.Any suggestions ?

Re: this is agony!!

scottak on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017796)

this site has all the info you need. however, what helped me was a night splint, custom inserts with a horse shoe heel pad and friction massage. hope i helped.

Re: this is agony!!Re Hello,

Laurie R on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017816)

Hello Andrea,
I also worked in a 4 star restaurant as a bartender and like you I loved my job,(good money).I twisted my foot at work 9 months ago and that's when all this PF and TTS started,I miss my job and the people.PLEASE take care of your feet now before it is to late.Do you go to PT? I have been off now for 6 months on workmans comp and of course they had to replace me.YOu said you only work 2 days a week? That's good do you rest?The best I can tell you is let your pain be your guide if your feet hurt Ice and rest.The very best to you and I hope your goes away fast.....Laurie R

Re: this is agony!!

scottak on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017796)

this site has all the info you need. however, what helped me was a night splint, custom inserts with a horse shoe heel pad and friction massage. hope i helped.

Re: this is agony!!Re Hello,

Laurie R on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017816)

Hello Andrea,
I also worked in a 4 star restaurant as a bartender and like you I loved my job,(good money).I twisted my foot at work 9 months ago and that's when all this PF and TTS started,I miss my job and the people.PLEASE take care of your feet now before it is to late.Do you go to PT? I have been off now for 6 months on workmans comp and of course they had to replace me.YOu said you only work 2 days a week? That's good do you rest?The best I can tell you is let your pain be your guide if your feet hurt Ice and rest.The very best to you and I hope your goes away fast.....Laurie R