Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Can you go see a chiropractor?

Posted by Pookie on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017803)

I was diagnosed with the stuff about 2 months ago, and I went ahead and started seeing a chiropractor. He treats my feet with ultrasound, electrical stimulation, adjustments and deep muscle massage, and this has improved my condition a lot. I also am taking Celebrex for imflamation.

I bought a pair of New Balance running shoes, and have orthodic inserts. I teach art at a high school so I am on my feet walking all day long. It was only 1 1/2 weeks ago I could not even stand the pain, but since chiropractic I have been feeling better.

My orthopedic doctor has prescribed PT, so I am going to take advantage of that and go ahead and take it.

Be patient witht his condition, and take as much icing breaks as you can. At lunch I take a bottle with frozen water and roll it under my feet. If you can keep one at work, that would be great.

Good luck, and let us know how your condition progresses.

Pookie

Re: Can you go see a chiropractor? and Massage question.

alan k on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017831)

I am very interested in massage treatment and I am doing it too and it helps a lot.

I was wondering if you could describe what your chiro does with the deep muscle massage. Especially I was wondering what the chiro does with the hot coal spot on the heel (work around it, with it, with what motions, does the chiro gradually increase pressure through pain, or back off the pain, etc.)

alan k

Barbara on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017874)

Hey Pookie, we must be mirror images. I am also seeing a Chiropractor, 3 days a week (he's a good friend of mine, so he can make time for me whenever I need it). He's doing the same treatments on my feet. I am also on Celebrex. I am definately getting better every day. I also just bought a new pair of New Balance running shoes (model 1120) and they are like magc. My old pair of NB 852's were starting to really hurt. The 1120's are 'motion control' shoes and really control over-pronation. I'm also getting a pair of custom orthotics. Fortunately, I have a 'sitting' job and am able to ice my feet under my desk. Stretching has also given me improvement.

Re: Can you go see a chiropractor? and Massage question-To Alan

Rosie A. on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017883)

Hi Alan-I don't post very often but I read everyones posting everyday. I've been going to a Chiropractor/Massage Therapist (spelling) that just opened in our office building. It was just a whim since I've pretty much tried everything else with my pod. The Chiro started out very gently. At first he couldn't even touch my feet without me hurting. So he only did the electrical stimlation. After a week or so of gentle rubbing he was able to go a little deeper. My right foot actually feels better but my left foot is still being the foot from hell. He has said that the knot in my left used to be about the size of a golfball and have shrunk down to the size of a jawbreaker. So I guess that's progress. He also has me do exercises like trying to pick up paper with my feet and calf stretching. If you can you might try seeing one yourself. After all it can't hurt any more than it already does. I'm really wonder what's next with my Pod. I've gone through shots, anti-inflamatory drugs, I still wear my night split so I don't know what he's going to recommend next. Take care and sorry for being so wordy...

Re: Can you go see a chiropractor? and Massage question.

alan k on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017831)

I am very interested in massage treatment and I am doing it too and it helps a lot.

I was wondering if you could describe what your chiro does with the deep muscle massage. Especially I was wondering what the chiro does with the hot coal spot on the heel (work around it, with it, with what motions, does the chiro gradually increase pressure through pain, or back off the pain, etc.)

alan k

Barbara on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017874)

Hey Pookie, we must be mirror images. I am also seeing a Chiropractor, 3 days a week (he's a good friend of mine, so he can make time for me whenever I need it). He's doing the same treatments on my feet. I am also on Celebrex. I am definately getting better every day. I also just bought a new pair of New Balance running shoes (model 1120) and they are like magc. My old pair of NB 852's were starting to really hurt. The 1120's are 'motion control' shoes and really control over-pronation. I'm also getting a pair of custom orthotics. Fortunately, I have a 'sitting' job and am able to ice my feet under my desk. Stretching has also given me improvement.

Re: Can you go see a chiropractor? and Massage question-To Alan

Rosie A. on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017883)

Hi Alan-I don't post very often but I read everyones posting everyday. I've been going to a Chiropractor/Massage Therapist (spelling) that just opened in our office building. It was just a whim since I've pretty much tried everything else with my pod. The Chiro started out very gently. At first he couldn't even touch my feet without me hurting. So he only did the electrical stimlation. After a week or so of gentle rubbing he was able to go a little deeper. My right foot actually feels better but my left foot is still being the foot from hell. He has said that the knot in my left used to be about the size of a golfball and have shrunk down to the size of a jawbreaker. So I guess that's progress. He also has me do exercises like trying to pick up paper with my feet and calf stretching. If you can you might try seeing one yourself. After all it can't hurt any more than it already does. I'm really wonder what's next with my Pod. I've gone through shots, anti-inflamatory drugs, I still wear my night split so I don't know what he's going to recommend next. Take care and sorry for being so wordy...