Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birk's massage/noppy sandals

Posted by Barb T on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017821)

I believe I have the name correct. Has anyone tried these. They have little rubber thingys that stick up from the footbed to massage your feet. I wandered if they would be effective for PF. Also, does Birk's sell any type of decent looking dress shoe. The only thing I've seen on their website besides sandals, are those ungodly looking clogs.

Re: Birk's massage/noppy sandals

Nancy S. on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017823)

Hi Barb: I have Adidas nobby massage sandals. I only wear them in the shower and at the swimming pool, but they feel good, and I can picture wearing them at some other times in the summer -- if I can part from my Birks long enough. I wear those ungodly looking clogs (Boston style). I actually get compliments on them. Guess they're a step up from my usual footwear. Birks have spiffed me up. Long live PF fashionwear. --Nancy S.

PattyS on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017824)

My attitude about Birks has changed 100% in the past two weeks, since I have gotten my first pair. Now I have 3. My feet have never felt better. I am assuming from most of the posts I read that I have a mild case to begin with but since I have started wearing them I have been virtually pain free. I have the Monterrey sandals, a pair of the clogs (not Boston, but very similiar) and a really cool pair of Navy Betula clogs with a lug sole. I am looking forward to getting a pair of the suede penny loafer-ish shoes for the fall. I am finding that I really only object to the look when I am looking straight down at my feet. Patty

alan k on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017832)

Those nobby things look good for the shower at least.

You should not go barefoot in the shower or anywhere ever at all!

I have ungodly clog rubber birk things for the shower which annoy me with having to take out the removable foot bed to dry each time. Don't get them, in plum purple, cardinal red, or any color.

This is my umpteenth post about my removable footbeds annoying me, thus spreading the feeling of annoyance to the rest of the world.

alan k

Beth D. on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017849)

I'm actually living in my ugly clogs because they feel better for my big toe than my sandles!

Beth

Robin B. on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017853)

I am a Birkenstock wearer exclusively -- have 10 pairs to date and as soon as I can afford it, I'm going to buy more.

But -- I don't have the noppy exercise sandals. I don't personally think they would be very helpful for PF. Even the Birk catalogs suggest wearing them no more than 30 minutes at a stretch. Personally, I don't think there's enough support in the 'rubbery' Birks and I can't imagine that those noppy things will help a whole lot if you only wear them for 1/2 hour.

Birkenstock does not make 'dress' shoes the way most women mean 'dress' shoes. They DO make closed-toe shoes which looks pretty sporty and unisex. Most of them are tie models. I haven't tried them myself. But then, I'm happy with the sandal varieties.

However, I can tell you that of the 3 major things that have helped me recover from a dreadful and paralyzing case of PF, Birks were the No. 1 remedy. I have been wearing them for 16 months now and will probably wear them the rest of my life.

Barb T on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017879)

Thanks to all for replies EOM

Nancy S. on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017823)

Hi Barb: I have Adidas nobby massage sandals. I only wear them in the shower and at the swimming pool, but they feel good, and I can picture wearing them at some other times in the summer -- if I can part from my Birks long enough. I wear those ungodly looking clogs (Boston style). I actually get compliments on them. Guess they're a step up from my usual footwear. Birks have spiffed me up. Long live PF fashionwear. --Nancy S.

PattyS on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017824)

My attitude about Birks has changed 100% in the past two weeks, since I have gotten my first pair. Now I have 3. My feet have never felt better. I am assuming from most of the posts I read that I have a mild case to begin with but since I have started wearing them I have been virtually pain free. I have the Monterrey sandals, a pair of the clogs (not Boston, but very similiar) and a really cool pair of Navy Betula clogs with a lug sole. I am looking forward to getting a pair of the suede penny loafer-ish shoes for the fall. I am finding that I really only object to the look when I am looking straight down at my feet. Patty

alan k on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017832)

Those nobby things look good for the shower at least.

You should not go barefoot in the shower or anywhere ever at all!

I have ungodly clog rubber birk things for the shower which annoy me with having to take out the removable foot bed to dry each time. Don't get them, in plum purple, cardinal red, or any color.

This is my umpteenth post about my removable footbeds annoying me, thus spreading the feeling of annoyance to the rest of the world.

alan k

Beth D. on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017849)

I'm actually living in my ugly clogs because they feel better for my big toe than my sandles!

Beth

Robin B. on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017853)

I am a Birkenstock wearer exclusively -- have 10 pairs to date and as soon as I can afford it, I'm going to buy more.

But -- I don't have the noppy exercise sandals. I don't personally think they would be very helpful for PF. Even the Birk catalogs suggest wearing them no more than 30 minutes at a stretch. Personally, I don't think there's enough support in the 'rubbery' Birks and I can't imagine that those noppy things will help a whole lot if you only wear them for 1/2 hour.

Birkenstock does not make 'dress' shoes the way most women mean 'dress' shoes. They DO make closed-toe shoes which looks pretty sporty and unisex. Most of them are tie models. I haven't tried them myself. But then, I'm happy with the sandal varieties.

However, I can tell you that of the 3 major things that have helped me recover from a dreadful and paralyzing case of PF, Birks were the No. 1 remedy. I have been wearing them for 16 months now and will probably wear them the rest of my life.

Barb T on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017879)

Thanks to all for replies EOM