Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Had surgery on 3/22

Posted by Becky R. on 3/25/00 at 00:00 (017827)

I had pf surgery on 3/22. So far so good. I have a hard cast which I will have for 3 weeks. Not much pain. Not even needed pain medicine. I'm already bearing some weight on my foot. Using crutches to support. Just hoping for the best. I will let you know how it progresses. Thanks.

Re: Had surgery on 3/22

BJC on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017836)

Good luck, Becky! Hope your recovery goes as well as mine...just don't overdo it.

Re: Had surgery on 3/22 Re Becky

Laurie R on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017860)

Hello Becky,
It is so good to hear you are doing well.So you had surgery for PF What kind of surgery did you have? and do or did you have TTS also?I am also in a hard cast I didn't have surgery ,I was in a walking cast for 4 months on and off but I took it off to much and anyways my foot moved in it to much too,so my Podiatrist thinks this hard non removeable cast would work better.I think it is because my pain is about half now.Well I hope you keep feeling good.How long did your dortor say it would take you to recover?Keep us posted and the very best to you. Laurie R

Becky R. on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017865)

Laurie,
I do not have TTS, just plantar fasciitis and heel spur. I had the traditional surgery, with about an 1 1/2 inch incision on the inside of my heel. Partial release of the plantar fascia and clean up of the heel spur. The cast will be on for 3 weeks. I'm not sure how long until complete recovery.

Barb T on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017878)

Hope things continue to go well for you. I too had PF surgery on 2/2/00. I did not have a hard cast. I must not be good with pain, because I sure popped pain killers for 4 days. I am gradually improving. Kind of like two steps forward and one backward. This is a longer recovery process (for me) than I had anticipated. Good Luck

BJC on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017836)

Good luck, Becky! Hope your recovery goes as well as mine...just don't overdo it.

Laurie R on 3/26/00 at 00:00 (017860)

Hello Becky,
It is so good to hear you are doing well.So you had surgery for PF What kind of surgery did you have? and do or did you have TTS also?I am also in a hard cast I didn't have surgery ,I was in a walking cast for 4 months on and off but I took it off to much and anyways my foot moved in it to much too,so my Podiatrist thinks this hard non removeable cast would work better.I think it is because my pain is about half now.Well I hope you keep feeling good.How long did your dortor say it would take you to recover?Keep us posted and the very best to you. Laurie R

Becky R. on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017865)

Laurie,
I do not have TTS, just plantar fasciitis and heel spur. I had the traditional surgery, with about an 1 1/2 inch incision on the inside of my heel. Partial release of the plantar fascia and clean up of the heel spur. The cast will be on for 3 weeks. I'm not sure how long until complete recovery.

Barb T on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017878)

Hope things continue to go well for you. I too had PF surgery on 2/2/00. I did not have a hard cast. I must not be good with pain, because I sure popped pain killers for 4 days. I am gradually improving. Kind of like two steps forward and one backward. This is a longer recovery process (for me) than I had anticipated. Good Luck