Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Second Ossatron

Posted by Mohez on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017898)

Hi folks, its been a while since i have posted. I had my second ossatron treatment on Friday. The pain was not so intense during or right after the treatment as it was the first time around, but oh boy, the pain was real intense the next two days. Its much better now (monday). JennH if you are out there please drop me an email, i have lost your temporary address. Healthtronics received some good news today as the FDA said it will talk about the Ossatron at their latest orthopod meetings. I think they are close to getting FDA approval. I think they already got FDA to treat horses.

Mohez

posted to the eswt board

Re: Second Ossatron

Trish on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017899)

I HOPE this works for you, Mohez. funny that you posted today....I was just thinking about you the last few days and wondering if you had a 2nd Ossatron treatment. I am having a lot of pain the last few days.....it's been 3.5 weeks since my last Sonorex treatment. I've been taking anit-inflammatories the last couple of days, and icing more than usual. Pain is really stubborn right now. Hard to remain optimistic.....
posted to the eswt board

David L on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017911)

Hi Trish,
Sorry to hear that your pain is still stubborn. You may need 1 or 2 more follow-up treatments. You'd want to schedule them no earlier than 4 weeks after the 3rd treatment. Stay optimistic....remember it does have a 75-90% success rate. Also, remember to continue on with other therapies such as physio, ice, stretching, orthotics etc.
David Lowy
Vice President, Canada
Sonorex Therapy Centers Toll Free: 1 877 766-6287 http://www.sonorex.com
posted to the eswt board

GinaC on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017922)

Good luck Mohez--I hope this one does the trick for you so you can leave all your foot equipment behind on vacation this year!
posted to the eswt board

Trish on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017927)

Thanks for your encouragement. I have not been stretching much, because in my 8 years of PF it almost always seems to make it worse. Do you think I should be stretching the treated foot anyway?
posted to the eswt board

Mohez on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017957)

Trish

Thanks for the encouragement. I think that stretching never hurts just as long as you do not overstretch the fascia. Staying optimistic is sometimes very difficult, but I think that its a must. I could have given up a long time ago, but people have made progress. It think the important thing is realizing your limitations. I thought and now i pretty well know that i won't be able to do exactly all the things i was able to do before, I used to carry my 1 -1 1/2 year old son in the middle of the night and put him back to sleep in my barefeet. I would be a dreamer if i thought i will be able to do that again. But the important thing is that i will be able to do that with my orthotics and feel no pain. You have my email if you need to talk more.

Gina, you still remember our conversation? I hope you get better as well. Martha is in the same category as you are symptomatically as well as age, and she has had good success with the ossatron.

Mohez

posted to the eswt board

john h on 3/29/00 at 00:00 (018012)

if they are ready to treat horses just call me 'Mr Ed' baby.
posted to the eswt board

Trish on 3/27/00 at 00:00 (017899)

I HOPE this works for you, Mohez. funny that you posted today....I was just thinking about you the last few days and wondering if you had a 2nd Ossatron treatment. I am having a lot of pain the last few days.....it's been 3.5 weeks since my last Sonorex treatment. I've been taking anit-inflammatories the last couple of days, and icing more than usual. Pain is really stubborn right now. Hard to remain optimistic.....
posted to the eswt board

David L on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017911)

Hi Trish,
Sorry to hear that your pain is still stubborn. You may need 1 or 2 more follow-up treatments. You'd want to schedule them no earlier than 4 weeks after the 3rd treatment. Stay optimistic....remember it does have a 75-90% success rate. Also, remember to continue on with other therapies such as physio, ice, stretching, orthotics etc.
David Lowy
Vice President, Canada
Sonorex Therapy Centers Toll Free: 1 877 766-6287 http://www.sonorex.com
posted to the eswt board

GinaC on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017922)

Good luck Mohez--I hope this one does the trick for you so you can leave all your foot equipment behind on vacation this year!
posted to the eswt board

Trish on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017927)

Thanks for your encouragement. I have not been stretching much, because in my 8 years of PF it almost always seems to make it worse. Do you think I should be stretching the treated foot anyway?
posted to the eswt board

Mohez on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017957)

Trish

Thanks for the encouragement. I think that stretching never hurts just as long as you do not overstretch the fascia. Staying optimistic is sometimes very difficult, but I think that its a must. I could have given up a long time ago, but people have made progress. It think the important thing is realizing your limitations. I thought and now i pretty well know that i won't be able to do exactly all the things i was able to do before, I used to carry my 1 -1 1/2 year old son in the middle of the night and put him back to sleep in my barefeet. I would be a dreamer if i thought i will be able to do that again. But the important thing is that i will be able to do that with my orthotics and feel no pain. You have my email if you need to talk more.

Gina, you still remember our conversation? I hope you get better as well. Martha is in the same category as you are symptomatically as well as age, and she has had good success with the ossatron.

Mohez

posted to the eswt board

john h on 3/29/00 at 00:00 (018012)

if they are ready to treat horses just call me 'Mr Ed' baby.
posted to the eswt board