Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

5 Weeks Post-Ossatron

Posted by GinaC on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017923)

After a setback caused by walking one-half mile, I have pretty much returned to 'normal' pain levels. I am now icing, stretching, and taking it easy for the time being. My pain is not as debilitating as it was before Ossatron, but I am still hoping for additional improvement. I was disappointed that a 10-12 minute walk caused a setback; maybe it was just too much too soon. It is so hard to be patient while waiting for time to pass.
posted to the eswt board

Re: 5 Weeks Post-Ossatron

Nicole V.R. on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017938)

My pain is no better this week than last. In fact, I am in quite a bit of pain if I stand up after relaxing for more than 30 minutes or so. I've been so uncomfortable with my nausea that I couldn't stand to wear my nightsplint to bed as well, so this probably didn't help matters with my foot. I've been getting back in the habit of wearing the splint these past several nights. Otherwise, the pain is like typical PF pain, it doesn't bother me too much after I've been walking around for awhile. I hope this doesn't mean that I have the PF back and worse! I've been so sick that I'm losing weight but until this 9 months is over I'm expected to gain 15 pounds or so. All I can do is pray that this won't lead to more problems with my foot!
Get well soon everyone!
posted to the eswt board

Helen on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018131)

I can sympathize with the two women who posted before me. I have had real ups and downs since I had Ossatron almost 5 weeks ago. I certainly can't do anything more than before the treatment. In some ways I find that I am 'worse' in that I react with lots of pain to activities such as wearing different shoes (even with Orthotics). Sometimes I find it hard to deal with - very hard - as I have had the condition for 5 to 6 years. I am trying to be patient as Dr. Galea's assistant James told me this week that some people don't have improvement until week 10. But Dr. Gordon said to me initially that if someone has had the condition for a long time it may be harder to cure it with Ossatron. All the best!

Helen

posted to the eswt board

Nicole V.R. on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017938)

My pain is no better this week than last. In fact, I am in quite a bit of pain if I stand up after relaxing for more than 30 minutes or so. I've been so uncomfortable with my nausea that I couldn't stand to wear my nightsplint to bed as well, so this probably didn't help matters with my foot. I've been getting back in the habit of wearing the splint these past several nights. Otherwise, the pain is like typical PF pain, it doesn't bother me too much after I've been walking around for awhile. I hope this doesn't mean that I have the PF back and worse! I've been so sick that I'm losing weight but until this 9 months is over I'm expected to gain 15 pounds or so. All I can do is pray that this won't lead to more problems with my foot!
Get well soon everyone!
posted to the eswt board

Helen on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018131)

I can sympathize with the two women who posted before me. I have had real ups and downs since I had Ossatron almost 5 weeks ago. I certainly can't do anything more than before the treatment. In some ways I find that I am 'worse' in that I react with lots of pain to activities such as wearing different shoes (even with Orthotics). Sometimes I find it hard to deal with - very hard - as I have had the condition for 5 to 6 years. I am trying to be patient as Dr. Galea's assistant James told me this week that some people don't have improvement until week 10. But Dr. Gordon said to me initially that if someone has had the condition for a long time it may be harder to cure it with Ossatron. All the best!

Helen

posted to the eswt board