Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf?

Posted by scottak on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017928)

i never went to a dr. till i hurt my pf when i was playing softball. i'd been having foot pain but had not been to a doctor, i was running around the bases and something just snapped and a terrible pain insued. that's when i found out what i had. is this a different injury or should it be handled different? i live in a small town and i don't think their very up to date on pf. any comments are appreciated!

Re: pf?

John C on 3/29/00 at 00:00 (017977)

Scott,
I would like to comment on your sudden injury. Yes, PF can definitely be caused by a sudden injusy. I am a runner. In April 1998, I injured my left heel by jumping off of a tree I was on with a chain saw in my hand. The pain was immediate but not a problem. Just a low level pain at first. Two days later, I was out for my normal 5 mile run. At mile 4, it suddenly felt as if I had stepped on a knife in my heel. It took me 16 months to get back to running without pain.

Being in a small town could be a problem with getting a good doctor. A doctor can be a good help.But, you have already found the best help, this web site. Read Scott's main document. Find out what works for you. Read back in the archive of messages. This web site has a lot to offer. It helped me far more than the Podiatrist I went to.

Best of luck.

John

Re: pf?

John C on 3/29/00 at 00:00 (017977)

Scott,
I would like to comment on your sudden injury. Yes, PF can definitely be caused by a sudden injusy. I am a runner. In April 1998, I injured my left heel by jumping off of a tree I was on with a chain saw in my hand. The pain was immediate but not a problem. Just a low level pain at first. Two days later, I was out for my normal 5 mile run. At mile 4, it suddenly felt as if I had stepped on a knife in my heel. It took me 16 months to get back to running without pain.

Being in a small town could be a problem with getting a good doctor. A doctor can be a good help.But, you have already found the best help, this web site. Read Scott's main document. Find out what works for you. Read back in the archive of messages. This web site has a lot to offer. It helped me far more than the Podiatrist I went to.

Best of luck.

John