Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: pf?RE scottak

Posted by Laurie R on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017936)

Hi scott,
What kind of doctor did you see Podiatrist or MD or Ortho?
Did they take X-Rays? Is your pain worse? I don't understand your question.Did your doctor tell you to come back? and is your doctor treating you fot PF? Let me know so maybe we can help you .Very best to you Laurie R

scottak on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017939)

What kind of doctor did you see Podiatrist or MD or Ortho? Podiatrist

Did they take X-Rays? yes

Is your pain worse? no, it has gotten better.

I don't understand your question? most people are talking about chronic injuries that gradualy got worse, mine seems more sudden like a rupture.

Did your doctor tell you to come back? I've been back several times. he made some inserts. i didn't go to a appointment last week because nothing has changed.

and is your doctor treating you for PF? yes
scott

dfeet on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017951)

Please, scott, make sure you follow what you body tells you. I'm glad to see that things are getting better. My PF transformed itself into tarsal tunnel syndrome(akin to carpal tunnel), which is a different 'animal' altogether- very difficult to treat. But it sounds like you sought treatment judisciously, and you found a podiatrist who is helpful. Make sure you do all those stretches! Good Luck!

Re: pf?RE scottakRE

Laurie R on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017953)

Scott,
I am so sorry I asked all thoes questions I was just trying to understand what you were asking.I felt kind of funny when I was asking you but I was trying to understand so maybe I could help you.I liked how you formated all the questions and the answers now I think I understand the questions.

So you went to a Podiatrist and your X-rays were fine right?And your pain is better but still their,you say your pain is like a sudden injury and you did have PF before you got hurt this probably made it worse.Pf can be chronic and if not treated right you can end up having it for a long time.I have had it 9 months and like you said it did get worse but that is because it was not treated right from the start I had to wait 4 months to see a Podiatrist because I am on workmans comp and they made me wait.I also got TTS from the PF I am in a hard cast now and it seems to be helping better then anything else I have tried.Did you get any cortisone shots? I had two but they did not help me at all.

Anyways sometimes it is hard to understand when you are posting because you are not looking at the person so it could be hard.

I hope you feel better.and the very best to you.Laurie R PS thank you again for taking the time to explain what you were asking....

scottak on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017939)

What kind of doctor did you see Podiatrist or MD or Ortho? Podiatrist

Did they take X-Rays? yes

Is your pain worse? no, it has gotten better.

I don't understand your question? most people are talking about chronic injuries that gradualy got worse, mine seems more sudden like a rupture.

Did your doctor tell you to come back? I've been back several times. he made some inserts. i didn't go to a appointment last week because nothing has changed.

and is your doctor treating you for PF? yes
scott

dfeet on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017951)

Please, scott, make sure you follow what you body tells you. I'm glad to see that things are getting better. My PF transformed itself into tarsal tunnel syndrome(akin to carpal tunnel), which is a different 'animal' altogether- very difficult to treat. But it sounds like you sought treatment judisciously, and you found a podiatrist who is helpful. Make sure you do all those stretches! Good Luck!

Re: pf?RE scottakRE

Laurie R on 3/28/00 at 00:00 (017953)

Scott,
I am so sorry I asked all thoes questions I was just trying to understand what you were asking.I felt kind of funny when I was asking you but I was trying to understand so maybe I could help you.I liked how you formated all the questions and the answers now I think I understand the questions.

So you went to a Podiatrist and your X-rays were fine right?And your pain is better but still their,you say your pain is like a sudden injury and you did have PF before you got hurt this probably made it worse.Pf can be chronic and if not treated right you can end up having it for a long time.I have had it 9 months and like you said it did get worse but that is because it was not treated right from the start I had to wait 4 months to see a Podiatrist because I am on workmans comp and they made me wait.I also got TTS from the PF I am in a hard cast now and it seems to be helping better then anything else I have tried.Did you get any cortisone shots? I had two but they did not help me at all.

Anyways sometimes it is hard to understand when you are posting because you are not looking at the person so it could be hard.

I hope you feel better.and the very best to you.Laurie R PS thank you again for taking the time to explain what you were asking....