Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Proteolytic enzymes & question for Robin

Posted by Helene M on 3/29/00 at 00:00 (017974)

I read that proteolytic enzymes are good for healing injuries & reducing inflammation. I've been taking a formula called 'Liga-tend' for a week now, which includes bromelain, but so far no change. Robin, I'm wondering why you take only bromelain. Have you found it works better for you than taking it in combination with the other enzymes?

Re: Proteolytic enzymes & question for Robin

Robin B. on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018023)

I don't know if taking bromelain alone works better than taking a combination -- because I don't take a combination. The reason that I take 'only bromelain' is -- well, bromelain WORKS for me. There isn't a reason for me to add anything else to it. I started in late July 1999 with bromelain, saw a difference with 10 days to 2 weeks, and have been doing it ever since.

It may be that if you are taking a combination cap or pill, you are not getting nearly enough bromelain to make a difference. That's what I would suspect. Also, a week is probably not long enough with any additive to make a difference.

From what I've been able to research, there are two critical factors with bromelain. One is a sufficiently high enough dosage of GDUs (1,800 to 2,500) and the other is taking it on an empty stomach.

I hope everyone who tries it has the success with it that I have. It's been a godsend for me. After Birkenstocks, it has been the second major factor in my ongoing recovery from PF, which is progressing pretty well.

Re: Proteolytic enzymes & question for Robin

Robin B. on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018023)

I don't know if taking bromelain alone works better than taking a combination -- because I don't take a combination. The reason that I take 'only bromelain' is -- well, bromelain WORKS for me. There isn't a reason for me to add anything else to it. I started in late July 1999 with bromelain, saw a difference with 10 days to 2 weeks, and have been doing it ever since.

It may be that if you are taking a combination cap or pill, you are not getting nearly enough bromelain to make a difference. That's what I would suspect. Also, a week is probably not long enough with any additive to make a difference.

From what I've been able to research, there are two critical factors with bromelain. One is a sufficiently high enough dosage of GDUs (1,800 to 2,500) and the other is taking it on an empty stomach.

I hope everyone who tries it has the success with it that I have. It's been a godsend for me. After Birkenstocks, it has been the second major factor in my ongoing recovery from PF, which is progressing pretty well.