Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

concrete floor

Posted by hcow on 3/29/00 at 00:00 (018004)

I know this is a little off subject but my curiosity forces me to ask if there are any machinist on this message board that have pf.
I can play 9 holes of golf (with cart) with less pain than 2 hours on the floor at work. anyone have similar problems with floor type

Re: concrete floor

ricky on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018022)

i have bilatrial pf with spurs and have a workers comp claim approved.
I work on a hard surfaced floor (tiles on cement) my doc said work related as soon as I told her this. plus as a machinist you must stand in one spot a lot? That is the worst for me. golf is easy soft grass no standing

KathyW on 3/31/00 at 00:00 (018102)

I notice a dramatic increase in my pain level after the weekly 1 hour trip to the grocery store. We have carpeting at work...so the grocery store is the only place I walk all week that is tile/cement. I usually stay away from the mall for the same reason.

Tom on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018431)

I work on concrete (machine operator) and have pain only when standing in one spot. I can move between machines but simply cannot stand in place for more than 10 minutes without severe pain. I wear boots with plenty of room and a thick footbed from a local orthopedic shoe store. I have no walking pain or heel pain, just a burning sensation when standing. It's been hard to get info on this condition for some reason.

ricky on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018022)

i have bilatrial pf with spurs and have a workers comp claim approved.
I work on a hard surfaced floor (tiles on cement) my doc said work related as soon as I told her this. plus as a machinist you must stand in one spot a lot? That is the worst for me. golf is easy soft grass no standing

KathyW on 3/31/00 at 00:00 (018102)

I notice a dramatic increase in my pain level after the weekly 1 hour trip to the grocery store. We have carpeting at work...so the grocery store is the only place I walk all week that is tile/cement. I usually stay away from the mall for the same reason.

Tom on 4/06/00 at 00:00 (018431)

I work on concrete (machine operator) and have pain only when standing in one spot. I can move between machines but simply cannot stand in place for more than 10 minutes without severe pain. I wear boots with plenty of room and a thick footbed from a local orthopedic shoe store. I have no walking pain or heel pain, just a burning sensation when standing. It's been hard to get info on this condition for some reason.