Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

why?

Posted by john h on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018035)

i know a lot of you have the same experience as i do with bi-laterial PF pain that varies from day to day. frequently, i can not corrolate the increase or decrease in pain with any particular activity. since one foot generally feels just like the other foot this makes no sense to me. you would think that on occasion one foot would be better or worse than the other foot. of course, there are times when i do something that i know causes an increase in pain but there are many times there is no known cause?????

Re: why?

Gordon on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018042)

This happens to me also. Not just in the feet but also in the wrists etc.
There is only one possible conclusion to this and that is that the problem has an underlying cause that has to do with your body chemistry (arthritic, gut related or other).

Some people will say tht it happens in pairs because you favor one arm or foot for the other but that would not cause one to develop similar pains within minutes or hours.

dfeet on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018047)

First, you have a great sense of humor!!! Have you had any blood chemistry performed to rule out a systemic condition? My physician ordered a barrage of blood work- Rf, cbc, tsh, etc. I'm waiting on the results. You should speak to your doc. Good luck!

Barbara on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018059)

The same thing happened to me. I developed bilateral PF at the exact same moment. I also have very bad tennis elbow and have I've been injuring other joints on my body the last few months. It seem as soon as one problem heals itself, another developes. I was test for Rheumatoid factor and lupus...both negative. It's so hard to believe that all this stuff is coinsidental. There must be an underlying cause.

john h on 3/31/00 at 00:00 (018078)

i have a rather comprehensive blood chemistry yearly including thyroid,psa,cbc,etc. i have never had a test for RA or Lupus. seems we would have some other symptoms if one had RA or Lupus? i guess it makes sense to rule these out. at least i can cross those off my list. i posted earlier about a book that talked about the mind body connection with back pain and other pains. i would hate to think i am a head case. does anyone know how you get control of your 'mind'?

Gordon on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018042)

This happens to me also. Not just in the feet but also in the wrists etc.
There is only one possible conclusion to this and that is that the problem has an underlying cause that has to do with your body chemistry (arthritic, gut related or other).

Some people will say tht it happens in pairs because you favor one arm or foot for the other but that would not cause one to develop similar pains within minutes or hours.

dfeet on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018047)

First, you have a great sense of humor!!! Have you had any blood chemistry performed to rule out a systemic condition? My physician ordered a barrage of blood work- Rf, cbc, tsh, etc. I'm waiting on the results. You should speak to your doc. Good luck!

Barbara on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018059)

The same thing happened to me. I developed bilateral PF at the exact same moment. I also have very bad tennis elbow and have I've been injuring other joints on my body the last few months. It seem as soon as one problem heals itself, another developes. I was test for Rheumatoid factor and lupus...both negative. It's so hard to believe that all this stuff is coinsidental. There must be an underlying cause.

john h on 3/31/00 at 00:00 (018078)

i have a rather comprehensive blood chemistry yearly including thyroid,psa,cbc,etc. i have never had a test for RA or Lupus. seems we would have some other symptoms if one had RA or Lupus? i guess it makes sense to rule these out. at least i can cross those off my list. i posted earlier about a book that talked about the mind body connection with back pain and other pains. i would hate to think i am a head case. does anyone know how you get control of your 'mind'?