Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Up dated Podiatrist visit today

Posted by Laurie R on 3/30/00 at 00:00 (018063)

Hello to everyone,
I got my hard cast off today it has been on for two weeks I did get a new one on the old one was broken on the bottom.I will keep this one on for other two weeks.MY pod was shocked that I wanted to keep it on so I told him this has been the only thing that has really helped me sinced this all started 9 months ago,also PT helped but you can't go everyday.Also this hard cast is good for 1 I can't take it off and 2 it is better to sleep in than the night splint and plus it has helped with the pain.I also got a shot to numb my foot these shots worked really well my foot is still numb and it has been over 6 hours.I guess this is what it is like to be pain free,so I will enjoy it until it wears off in a few hours.

I do feel really bad to be posting about my appointment when Salina had such a hard time yesterday at hers.Salina hang in their, their are many good doctors out there and I know you will find one that guy you went too yesterday has no right to be a doctor,he needs to go to Spain.

Also I was telling my pod about this web site and he was going to check it out my husband said to him that it was like a support group and he was telling him how much I liked it.It is like a support group and thank you to all for being so caring.I wish the best to all of you. Laurie R

Re: Up dated Podiatrist visit today

Rick R on 3/31/00 at 00:00 (018077)

Laurie,

I'm glad you are making progress. Be very careful once you get that cast off. I think the rest needed to get the inflammation to subside also allows the arch structure and calf to weaken making you more vulnerable to dammage. Has your pod suggested a program for strengthening and stretching once the cast comes off?

Rick

Re: Up dated Podiatrist visit todayRE Rick

Laurie R on 3/31/00 at 00:00 (018091)

Hi Rick,
You are so right and yes I think I will go back to PT when this cast comes off,when they took the first cast off yesterday my leg looked so funny it looked like it was just bone,and my pod said the muscle will come back as soon as you start to use your leg again I was like are you sure,it did scare me for a minute.I know it is going to hard at first when I try to walk after this cast comes off but it is worth it my poor foot needed this rest,when I was in the walking cast I used to take it off to much now I have no choice but to leave this one on.I will take it very slow,you know Rick this has been the only thing in 9 months that I can say has helped me.Thank you your PF friend Laurie R PS How are you doing?

Re: Up dated Podiatrist visit today

Rick R on 3/31/00 at 00:00 (018077)

Laurie,

I'm glad you are making progress. Be very careful once you get that cast off. I think the rest needed to get the inflammation to subside also allows the arch structure and calf to weaken making you more vulnerable to dammage. Has your pod suggested a program for strengthening and stretching once the cast comes off?

Rick

Re: Up dated Podiatrist visit todayRE Rick

Laurie R on 3/31/00 at 00:00 (018091)

Hi Rick,
You are so right and yes I think I will go back to PT when this cast comes off,when they took the first cast off yesterday my leg looked so funny it looked like it was just bone,and my pod said the muscle will come back as soon as you start to use your leg again I was like are you sure,it did scare me for a minute.I know it is going to hard at first when I try to walk after this cast comes off but it is worth it my poor foot needed this rest,when I was in the walking cast I used to take it off to much now I have no choice but to leave this one on.I will take it very slow,you know Rick this has been the only thing in 9 months that I can say has helped me.Thank you your PF friend Laurie R PS How are you doing?