Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fractured heel

Posted by Mike W. on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018114)

Is a fractured heel serious? Could it cause long-term problems? I have finally turned a corner... the pain is subsiding. But going back to work is a drag because I'm not supposed to put ANY weight on it. I'm also on crutches and wearing a removable cast. Playing the part of 'the gimp' is really getting old. Any perspectives or advice?

Re: Fractured heel

alan k on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018118)

I hope someone has good answer. I just want to say that 'Mike W' is already taken as a name so you might want to pick another.

The fractured heel I would imagine is worth taking great care of and you should follow your doctors instructions if she said not to put weight on it then don't do it or you'll be sorry! This board is full of people that might have been much better off if they did the right things at the right time.

alan k

dfeet on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018120)

Hi, MikeW. Alank has the best advice. Do exactly what your doc tells you. And listen to your body. If something doesn't feel quite right tell your doc. I was told that is takes about 6-8weeks for a bone to heal. So be very careful and take it slow!! Good luck!!!

Mike W. (aka Niterunner) on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018167)

thanks for the kind words! I appreciate the advice.

alan k on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018118)

I hope someone has good answer. I just want to say that 'Mike W' is already taken as a name so you might want to pick another.

The fractured heel I would imagine is worth taking great care of and you should follow your doctors instructions if she said not to put weight on it then don't do it or you'll be sorry! This board is full of people that might have been much better off if they did the right things at the right time.

alan k

dfeet on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018120)

Hi, MikeW. Alank has the best advice. Do exactly what your doc tells you. And listen to your body. If something doesn't feel quite right tell your doc. I was told that is takes about 6-8weeks for a bone to heal. So be very careful and take it slow!! Good luck!!!

Mike W. (aka Niterunner) on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018167)

thanks for the kind words! I appreciate the advice.