Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

finally had surgery

Posted by caryne on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018132)

Well, I finally had surgery Thursday morning. Im in a hard cast now and using crutches for a while...hopefully I won't need the crutches after next week. Heel pain isn't so bad..the nausea and vomiting from the general was the pits all day yesterday.At least it took my mind of the heel pain. Will keep you posted in a couple of weeks after I can see if this has worked. He did a fascia release, removed some scar tissue and a ganglion cyst thing. After 15 months I was ready for something.

Re: finally had surgeryRe

Laurie R on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018133)

Hi Caryne,
I glad you are doing well,I am like you that stuff makes me so sick too. I everything works out for you please keep us posted when you are feeling better.My very best to you.......Laurie R

Re: finally had surgery

BJC on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018136)

Hang in there! In a couple of months you will be very glad you did it. Follow the dr's instructions...rest...and all will be well!

jimf on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018147)

which surgery did you have/ ive had bilateral pf for ten years and its really flared up the past six months and im afraid my doctor is going to say lets try shots or surgery

BJC on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018162)

I had endoscopic surgery on Jan 18. Still have a little discomfort walking without shoes, but getting better each week. Have been gardening up a storm, which in the past would have crippled me, but now I can do things I couldn't even attempt last fall. I feel like I have my life back, and I still have a few months of healing to go. I will not hesitate to have my other foot done if necessary. Good luck!

Re: finally had surgeryRe

Laurie R on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018133)

Hi Caryne,
I glad you are doing well,I am like you that stuff makes me so sick too. I everything works out for you please keep us posted when you are feeling better.My very best to you.......Laurie R

BJC on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018136)

Hang in there! In a couple of months you will be very glad you did it. Follow the dr's instructions...rest...and all will be well!

jimf on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018147)

which surgery did you have/ ive had bilateral pf for ten years and its really flared up the past six months and im afraid my doctor is going to say lets try shots or surgery

BJC on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018162)

I had endoscopic surgery on Jan 18. Still have a little discomfort walking without shoes, but getting better each week. Have been gardening up a storm, which in the past would have crippled me, but now I can do things I couldn't even attempt last fall. I feel like I have my life back, and I still have a few months of healing to go. I will not hesitate to have my other foot done if necessary. Good luck!