Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birk website

Posted by ChrisB on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018142)

I'm about to order a couple pair of birks from the German website. I haven't seen any recent postings about any problems or successes. Has anyone bought any from there recently? Also, my Pod just changed my med from Celebrex to Vioxx. It seems to have made a difference in just a couple of days, but I am having a terrible time getting it through my insurance company. They allowed me 5 pills (one a day), and said that my doc needed to fax them about why I needed more.

Re: Birk website

jimf on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018148)

celebrex hasnt done squat for me and ive been taking it for 3 months let me know how you continue to perform on the vioxx thanks and good luck

Re: Birk website/Vioxx

Beth D. on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018153)

Hi Chris B.,

I ordered some Arizona's March 10 and am still waiting. My credit card was charged ($33.00 compared to the $90 I paid for my first pair). I started Vioxx last Tuesday. I started physical therapy on Thursday. I have been extremely tired the past few days. I take one 25 mg. pill midday. Is it just me that's tired? Is it from the Vioxx? For reference-I went to bed at 7:30 the last two nights. PT is hydracortizone creme buffed on with this wand that gets warm.

Beth D.

Terrie on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018154)

Chris,
I did go ahead and order a pair of Birks from the German Website. I just did it two days ago. I'll be a little nervous until I see my charge bill. according to the home screen 1 euro$=1 american$. I only hope so. I don't forsee any problem with the shoes themselves, I got fitted at a store and then ordered accordingly. They really are ALOT cheaper through Germany. Keep in touch as I will be interested in how you make out also. The shoe styles are numerous and there are actually some cute styles.;-))))

ChrisB on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018160)

I am on 50 mg of Vixx and do not feel tired at all. Good luck, I don't think it is the antiinflamatory.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018164)

One of the common reactions to vioxx is drowsiness. Cut the dos in half and see if the problems is resolved.

Dr. Zuckerman

john h on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018185)

i ordered and received my birk footprints from the german website. my shoes arrived as advertised and about 70% cheaper than the local birk store.

john h on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018186)

i tried vioxx and celebrex but neither helped. the only thing that ever helped was a one time 12 regimen of a steriod pack. it helped my feet and back but alas this is a strong drug that cannot be taken long term except for those with chromes disease,RA,etc. I never really have tried Aspirin the old standby so 3 days ago a began a regimen of 8 a day (enteric coated). will try for 2 weeks. vioxx and celebrex will not always be approved by your provider. it is said they are no stronger than most other NASIDS but their real value is in not causing stomach problems.

Sue S on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018198)

Can someone give me the web site of the German Birks? Thank you

Nancy S. on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018201)

Hi Sue -- Scott provides a link to the German Birkenstock website on his home page (he gets a commission if you order through his link, which he certainly deserves, since Birks get a huge number of recommendations here). It's a very comprehensive site -- I actually found more available there than in any store I've been to. Good luck --Nancy S.

jimf on 4/01/00 at 00:00 (018148)

celebrex hasnt done squat for me and ive been taking it for 3 months let me know how you continue to perform on the vioxx thanks and good luck

Beth D. on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018153)

Hi Chris B.,

I ordered some Arizona's March 10 and am still waiting. My credit card was charged ($33.00 compared to the $90 I paid for my first pair). I started Vioxx last Tuesday. I started physical therapy on Thursday. I have been extremely tired the past few days. I take one 25 mg. pill midday. Is it just me that's tired? Is it from the Vioxx? For reference-I went to bed at 7:30 the last two nights. PT is hydracortizone creme buffed on with this wand that gets warm.

Beth D.

Terrie on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018154)

Chris,
I did go ahead and order a pair of Birks from the German Website. I just did it two days ago. I'll be a little nervous until I see my charge bill. according to the home screen 1 euro$=1 american$. I only hope so. I don't forsee any problem with the shoes themselves, I got fitted at a store and then ordered accordingly. They really are ALOT cheaper through Germany. Keep in touch as I will be interested in how you make out also. The shoe styles are numerous and there are actually some cute styles.;-))))

ChrisB on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018160)

I am on 50 mg of Vixx and do not feel tired at all. Good luck, I don't think it is the antiinflamatory.

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018164)

One of the common reactions to vioxx is drowsiness. Cut the dos in half and see if the problems is resolved.

Dr. Zuckerman

john h on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018185)

i ordered and received my birk footprints from the german website. my shoes arrived as advertised and about 70% cheaper than the local birk store.

john h on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018186)

i tried vioxx and celebrex but neither helped. the only thing that ever helped was a one time 12 regimen of a steriod pack. it helped my feet and back but alas this is a strong drug that cannot be taken long term except for those with chromes disease,RA,etc. I never really have tried Aspirin the old standby so 3 days ago a began a regimen of 8 a day (enteric coated). will try for 2 weeks. vioxx and celebrex will not always be approved by your provider. it is said they are no stronger than most other NASIDS but their real value is in not causing stomach problems.

Sue S on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018198)

Can someone give me the web site of the German Birks? Thank you

Nancy S. on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018201)

Hi Sue -- Scott provides a link to the German Birkenstock website on his home page (he gets a commission if you order through his link, which he certainly deserves, since Birks get a huge number of recommendations here). It's a very comprehensive site -- I actually found more available there than in any store I've been to. Good luck --Nancy S.