Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Kinesiotaping

Posted by Sherman on 4/02/00 at 00:00 (018166)

I have scheduled my PF surgery for the end of May. I just ran into someone who works for private physical therapists. Of course she said not to have the surgery until I have come to them and try kinesio taping. She said it did wonders for her. I think she had a mild case of heel pain. My question is if anyone has used this tape and is there a way to get hold of it without going to a PT. My ins. won't cover this. Thanks.

Re: Kinesiotaping

alan k on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018172)

I have seen it on sale online but can't remember where. It doesn't cost too much either. Just search and I'm sure you'll find it.

Please do try all the conservative treatments before now and May, including the tape but there are a host of other things to try and so little time left!

alan k

john a on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018175)

I posted about this a month ago. It didn't do jack for me. They have a website for it: taping.com/> http://www.kinesio taping.com/ The basic idea seems to be to encourage subcutaneous lymph flow through a 'scrunching up' (my words) of the skin. Sort of like a Breathe-Right for the skin. I wore some on my foot for three whole days (it will stay on in the shower), but saw no effect. Then again, I never have seen much benefit from the placebo effect before :-) They have 'products' including the tape at the site, but fail to mention price.

alan k on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018172)

I have seen it on sale online but can't remember where. It doesn't cost too much either. Just search and I'm sure you'll find it.

Please do try all the conservative treatments before now and May, including the tape but there are a host of other things to try and so little time left!

alan k

john a on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018175)

I posted about this a month ago. It didn't do jack for me. They have a website for it: taping.com/> http://www.kinesio taping.com/ The basic idea seems to be to encourage subcutaneous lymph flow through a 'scrunching up' (my words) of the skin. Sort of like a Breathe-Right for the skin. I wore some on my foot for three whole days (it will stay on in the shower), but saw no effect. Then again, I never have seen much benefit from the placebo effect before :-) They have 'products' including the tape at the site, but fail to mention price.