Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

thanks for the advice and another question

Posted by SuzanneK on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018168)

Weel, have just spent my first full week wearing birkenstocks exclusively, and my foot is so much better! I've been reading the posts about orthotics posibly being a cause of pf and have been wondering. I got my orthotics ($300!!!) 4 years ago to help with the tendonitis caused by my foot pronating severely. I haven't been able to comfortably wear any shoes without the orthotics until I got these birks 2 weeks ago. I never would have bought them without reading about them here. Now, what can you guys tell me about the Footprints styles of Birks. Some of them are (dare I say it) almost stylish! I'd like to order some from the company in Germany, but I have read (did a search on the board) that some styles need a larger size. Also, do they have the same footbed as the classic sandals? I really need the arch support like I'm getting from my Milanos. Thanks for all your help!

Re: thanks for the replies

Kara M on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015375)

I'm not really that worried about losing weight, I am more worried about this leaky gut syndrome that I've been reading about... unfortunately, I am a very picky eater and the idea of 'buckwheat' and other grains I see in the 'natural health food store' do not sound very tasty to me, not to mention I wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to prepare it!
In some ways I wish I could eat meat, it would make this a lot easier, but I just can't (more relgious reasons than anything)
Anyway, thanks for everyone's thoughts, I'll keep digging, and maybe I'll try this low carb thing for a few weeks.

Re: thanks for the advice and another question

john h on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018178)

nearly all have the same foot bed as your sandals although there are several with a slightly softer heel bed. i suggest you try on a pair you are interested in at a local store and use that as the guide when ordering your shoes from germany. with sandals you may or may not be wearing socks. with the footprints you will probably be wearing socks. try on later in the day when your foot is the largest (swelling).

Re: thanks for the replies

Kara M on 2/01/00 at 00:00 (015375)

I'm not really that worried about losing weight, I am more worried about this leaky gut syndrome that I've been reading about... unfortunately, I am a very picky eater and the idea of 'buckwheat' and other grains I see in the 'natural health food store' do not sound very tasty to me, not to mention I wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to prepare it!
In some ways I wish I could eat meat, it would make this a lot easier, but I just can't (more relgious reasons than anything)
Anyway, thanks for everyone's thoughts, I'll keep digging, and maybe I'll try this low carb thing for a few weeks.

Re: thanks for the advice and another question

john h on 4/03/00 at 00:00 (018178)

nearly all have the same foot bed as your sandals although there are several with a slightly softer heel bed. i suggest you try on a pair you are interested in at a local store and use that as the guide when ordering your shoes from germany. with sandals you may or may not be wearing socks. with the footprints you will probably be wearing socks. try on later in the day when your foot is the largest (swelling).